NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a little irritating that most have different color shells and facemasks, but same stripes as regular helmets.  Green Bay and San Francisco would look "better" if they didn't use the same old stripes.

For these helmets, I'm a fan of Jacksonville, Baltimore, Tampa, Miami, New Orleans, Cincinnati.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Saints' version is beautiful, and a throwback to the '69 preseason helmet that went away because no one in the organization had, well, you know, notified the NFL of the change. Such were the Saints of that era...

Small image is from the excellent helmethut.com site.

new-orleans-saints_pg_600.jpg

69saints1.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

9 hours ago, MGoBlue98 said:

None of these will ever see the field but some of them look pretty good http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000822910

Some decent ones in that bunch that would be cool to run in a game of Madden or to have pocket versions of. Maybe 3 or 4 there that can work for an alt if the NFL changes the rules on helmets, too.

That being said, I was getting excited to see what they had come up with for the Jets in green to see if they had found a way to make it work.. just for them to have them in silver.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

I like the Chargers, Dolphins, and Titans with colored helmets.

I've always thought the Chargers should sport Electric Blue.  I think I'd also change the Yellow to Volt for some extra charge.

This is the first version of a colored helmet for the Dolphins that I have ever liked.

The Titans in Metallic Blue reminds of the Oilers of the late 60s, early 70s.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

9 hours ago, BlueSky said:

Saints' version is beautiful, and a throwback to the '69 preseason helmet that went away because no one in the organization had, well, you know, notified the NFL of the change. Such were the Saints of that era...

Small image is from the excellent helmethut.com site.

new-orleans-saints_pg_600.jpg

69saints1.jpg

Both look great, but this is just another reminder of how much more awesome New Orleans looks with a single outline on the logo.

I'm also intrigued by the Jaguars' and Chargers' helmets if only because the former doesn't use teal like it should and the latter because it would be unique and this would be the perfect time to change with the move to Los Angeles.

That Saints lid is a thing of beauty, too.

21 hours ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Jags is easily an upgrade.

I kinda think the Ravens on is an upgrade, too. 

jacksonville-jaguars_pg_600.jpg

baltimore-ravens_pg_600.jpg

I hope the Ravens make the switch to purple helmets.  Black helmets had been good for awhile but now it is becoming stale.  A move to purple helmets and a gold facemask would bring more oomph to their jerseys.

Archived