NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

7 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

I was at the Cowboys-Rams game tonight and I absolutely loved the new Rams' helmets. They look great and from a distance, the gold on the uniform is hardly noticeable. Once you look at replays on the giant scoreboards then it's painfully noticeable, but to be honest, I was too busy being annoyed with all of the horrendous knockoff jerseys at the stadium.

I think the Rams will have a great set once they full get settled in LA. This transition period is just weird, much like what the Oilers went through when they moved. Things didn't settle down until they changed their name to the Titans.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/12/2017 at 0:03 AM, aawagner011 said:

This is obviously speculation...but the Falcons held off on wearing their throwbacks for many years with the NFL one helmet rule (time before this past year was 2012 I believe?). They finally updated their templates this year to the new Nike construction.

Given that they updated the normal red and white sets, what are the odds they will re-evaluate the throwbacks and update the pants?

For reference, this is what the 1966 throwbacks first looked like when they debuted. I want to say this was back in 2008:

132680064_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=7

Very nice. Very nice, indeed. Should be the starting point for a rebrand. Alas, with the one helmet rule, this is what we got last year when they revived them:

tempHero_Composite--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.j

Also extremely nice. Both could be inspiration for a new look (though I give the slight edge to the 1966 look with the red lid).

The problem with this look is it was a mishmash of 1966 from the shirt down and the 1990s from the waist up (both eras shared the same jersey design).

These uniforms are BY FAR my favorite Falcons' look.  Nice and simple...and the sock design really makes it unique IMHO.  If they took this look with the current logo and put it on a red helmet (maybe metallic red), it might be my favorite uniform in the league.  I've wanted the Falcons to go back to silver pants for a long time, but this look best with the white.

The Seahawks wearing grey pants got me thinking... Have they ever worn the blue jersey with grey pants?

Also another thought I had about the grey pants... First, please forgive me for the nike-talk I'm about to speak:

*braces for tomatoes to be thrown*

Once a uniform change for the Chargers comes, they could introduce grey pants or even jersey too to envoke "an incoming storm of thunderous lightning"

*ducks out of the way from flying chairs*

1 minute ago, DNAsports said:

The Seahawks wearing grey pants got me thinking... Have they ever worn the blue jersey with grey pants?

Also another thought I had about the grey pants... First, please forgive me for the nike-talk I'm about to speak:

*braces for tomatoes to be thrown*

Once a uniform change for the Chargers comes, they could introduce grey pants or even jersey too to envoke "an incoming storm of thunderous lightning"

*ducks out of the way from flying chairs*

Doug+Baldwin+Josh+Norman+o0tmRhjc63om.jp

And as for those chargers gray pants, let's not. 

Go A's!

6 hours ago, LogoFan said:

These uniforms are BY FAR my favorite Falcons' look.  Nice and simple...and the sock design really makes it unique IMHO.  If they took this look with the current logo and put it on a red helmet (maybe metallic red), it might be my favorite uniform in the league.  I've wanted the Falcons to go back to silver pants for a long time, but this look best with the white.

First id like to say that the Falcons have the better of the two uniforms by far, but this really kind of reminds me of the Cards black uniforms. 

5 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

First id like to say that the Falcons have the better of the two uniforms by far, but this really kind of reminds me of the Cards black uniforms. 

Only similarity is the white numbers with red outlines, but cards piping differentiates the two uniforms plenty.

a2BRS8U.png

On 8/12/2017 at 11:37 PM, monkeypower said:

They Jets might have fixed the green!!!

From tonight,

tempMK2_1023--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?wid

And from last season.

tempMK2_3706--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?wid

It could be a lighting thing, but I definitely see a darker green. The green shoulder stripe and the main body of the jersey seem to be the same green in the McCown picture, while the shoulder stripe is darker than the jersey in the Marshall picture.

Pleeeeease, please be true. 

2 minutes ago, orangefaniniowa said:

Dear Seattle Seahawks:

Please scrap the navy blue pants permanently.  And have just gray pants only.  Navy jerseys/gray pants at home.  White jerseys/gray pants on the road.  Not that hard.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

A desperate and diehard football fan.

i like when they wear the blue pants during away games but I would love if they only wore the gray pants for home and away. Also scrap the white pants, I cant stand them.

23 hours ago, Curtos07 said:

I absolutely LOVE the new Lions uniforms. 

DHIEZLCXsAENeSX.jpg

DHIHGAkUIAAjsJI.jpg

DHIHGAjV0AAjvvo.jpg

thats a very telling shot. look how much more well defined the stripes are throughout the uniform— its a very clear read on every application. but the steel gray around the numbers gets muddy. even though the number font is really well constructed with clear forms, the outline just doesn't make it easy on the eyes. 

i like the decision to include this color in the uniform. they were never going to do a 3rd blue jersey for color rush and a gray one is too good of an opportunity to pass up. but they needed something to contrast against white and the light gray isn't the answer. but using the splash of steel gray in the numbers was the worst idea; its the one part of the uniform that you cant muck around with— they HAVE to be legible. i think a better solution MIGHT have been to use steel gray for the facemask and wordmarks

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived