NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

8 hours ago, Ark said:

The Redskins should wear yellow pants at home and red pants on the road. That is the best combo for them. 

And that seems to be what they are doing so great. 

And that represents the best looks from two good eras.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joining the black cleats vs. white cleats debate...

This is my poorly thought out, basically off the top of my head, final decisions (all based on the team's current uniform, as is).

Black Cleats;

49ERS

SEAHAWKS

VIKINGS

BEARS

PACKERS

GIANTS

EAGLES

WASHINGTON

SAINTS

PANTHERS

FALCONS

PATRIOTS

BILLS

JETS

BROWNS

BENGALS

STEELERS

RAVENS

COLTS

JAGUARS

TEXANS

RAIDERS

CHIEFS

White Cleats;

CARDINALS

RAMS

LIONS

COWBOYS

BUCCANEERS

DOLPHINS

TITANS

BRONCOS

CHARGERS

I got a free ticket to the Jets/Lions game last night.  (As an aside, the Jets could be one of the worst teams in history.  I know it's only preseason, but, yeeesh... the level of ineptitude was staggering.) The Lions look pretty damn good in person, especially the helmet.  Dropping the black was a major plus decision. Very clean, very sharp, and the handful of complaints I have with the overall uniform, (needless sleeve tribute, odd coloring choices in the helmet logo) were all basically invisible from the seats.

tempGSC71634--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?wid

Well done!

On shoe colors, my less thought out counter: Lions, Cards and Bucs should be in black; Chiefs, Bills, Pats, Washington and the Seahawks should be in white. Agreed on the rest. 

On the Lions' new look: haven't had a live look yet, but as I suspected after the unveiling, on the tube the most annoying elements have to be actively looked for to be noticed. Thumbs up, white shoes notwithstanding.

48 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I got a free ticket to the Jets/Lions game last night.  (As an aside, the Jets could be one of the worst teams in history.  I know it's only preseason, but, yeeesh... the level of ineptitude was staggering.) The Lions look pretty damn good in person, especially the helmet.  Dropping the black was a major plus decision. Very clean, very sharp, and the handful of complaints I have with the overall uniform, (needless sleeve tribute, odd coloring choices in the helmet logo) were all basically invisible from the seats.

tempGSC71634--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?wid

Well done!

The Jets offense looked horrible under Hackenberg last night but our defense has been legitimately good from the start of camp onward. Sometimes very good with the way our #1-2 pick Maye and Adams are developing. There is no way we are even close to one of the worst teams in NFL history in 2017.

The Lions are exponentially better. My only complaint is the darker stroke. It would be best just the light silver numbers. They have enough character on their own, and are kind of a medium width, adding a darker stroke muddies the legibility. But not terribly.

Really a fantastic update.

The numbers seem like they are a nod to the old unis they always wear for throwback thanksgiving Thursday...another note the Rams with the blue pants looks great from wide angle shots. Tight shots are going to look dumb until the change but the gold is non existent in the wide shots with the blue pants

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 0:08 PM, fouhy12 said:

Yes. Two, in fact.

They're certainly able to have a version sans-Elvis, but I believe this is the only time it's been used in an official capacity.

2pt1-3.png?w=640&h=356

The Patriots use it on the back of their helmet.

tom-brady-shield-090316-getty-ftrjpg_sfj

16 hours ago, jgiff17 said:

I know the Texans have two fields (college/high school and Texans) but last night it looked like a new field with the numbers in the same font as their jerseys which is cool but the logo and endzones were painted?...I hope they are just doing this because Lsu byu play in a couple weeks and it isn't worth switching fields non stop does anyone have any info? I loved the field last year going back to blue endzones and the bigger logo all stitched in rather than painted and it all popped more than the other field that paint the stuff on. 

They'll still swap fields out. The game logo will be at midfield.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

When bolts go awry...from last night's Saints-Chargers matchup. At least two O-linemen (#s 78 & 79) had right-side bolts on the left sides of their helmets. Guess it's preseason for the equipment staff too.  :wacko:

IMG_0069.JPG

IMG_0070.JPG

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

On 8/20/2017 at 10:43 AM, Ark said:

The Redskins should wear yellow pants at home and red pants on the road. That is the best combo for them. 

And that seems to be what they are doing so great. 

As I've posted before, I wish the Redskins would change their burgundy jersey they wear with gold pants to something that resembles what they wore under Vince Lombardi and George Allen. It would look tons better than the Gibbs-era burgundy tops do.

10 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

They'll still swap fields out. The game logo will be at midfield.

I hope so because that paint stuff is crap and their are no colleges or other professional teams (soccer) playing in there consistently to give any reason to replace the field setup they had last year. 

On 8/20/2017 at 7:17 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

This is my poorly thought out, basically off the top of my head, final decisions (all based on the team's current uniform, as is).

Black Cleats;

49ERS

SEAHAWKS

VIKINGS

BEARS

PACKERS

GIANTS

EAGLES

WASHINGTON

SAINTS

PANTHERS

FALCONS

PATRIOTS

BILLS

JETS

BROWNS

BENGALS

STEELERS

RAVENS

COLTS

JAGUARS

TEXANS

RAIDERS

CHIEFS

White Cleats;

CARDINALS

RAMS

LIONS

COWBOYS

BUCCANEERS

DOLPHINS

TITANS

BRONCOS

CHARGERS

Cardinals still wear black cleats

a2BRS8U.png

On 8/20/2017 at 8:17 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

Black Cleats;

JETS

I'm going to have to disagree with that assessment:

pprni2kkkq47w5ng4bvd.jpg

9 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

What was cool about that was that he was the only one.

article-2550505-1B27FB9F00000578-900_634

I'm a little conflicted on it. While the white cleats are a good look for the Jets (especially with Kelly Green), it is kind of nice that it was a trademark of Namath and Namath alone.

Archived