Midwest Wiffleball League (Wichita Bombers added)

KCDesign

Welcome to the Midwest Wiffleball League! With the inaugural season in 2010, it started with four teams. St. Louis, Omaha, Kansas City, and Des Moines were chosen as the cities for the first four teams. 

MWL Basic Rules

• Baselines are 40' to each base
  • Front of pitching rubber shall be 35' from home plate
  • Fences shall be no shorter than 70' and no longer than 110' to each corner
  • Players
    • Pitcher
    • First Baseman
    • Second Baseman
    • Third Baseman
    • Shortstop
    • Left Field
    • Center Field
    • Right Field
  • Pitchers will hit for all teams
  • Games shall be 6 innings, with 3 outs per inning

Just a quick little note, these are my first concepts in Adobe Illustrator, and I'm still learning, so C&C is very much appreciated, and hopefully the concepts will get better as I go along. As far as presentation, the larger rectangle is the jersey logo, with the background color being the jersey color, and the square is the hat logo, with the background color being the hat color. My hope is that these concepts (for the most part), have an unprofessional feel. Ultimately, if this league was a real thing, the purpose would be to have fun, so names, logos, and uniforms aren't supposed to be "professional" like Major League clubs. Some teams will come off as professional, while others will not. 

Kansas City Scouts

The Scouts are heavily based on the Kansas City Royals color scheme and the KC Scout statue. The primary logo features "KC", and the secondary logo is the Wiffleball scout. 

Screen Shot 2016-10-08 at 8.16.51 PM.png

St. Louis Arches

The entire set is navy/red, drawn heavily from the Cardinals. I felt like this came out as the strongest set of the original four. The "Arch" logo is based on the St. Louis Arch, and the "STL" logo is based on the Cardinals primary logo. 

Screen Shot 2016-10-08 at 8.17.23 PM.png 

Omaha Train

The "Train" name is based on the rich train activity that was/is going on in Omaha and the state of Nebraska. I felt like a simple set was best for this team, based on my personal disliking of the Omaha Storm Chasers uniform. 

Screen Shot 2016-10-08 at 8.17.45 PM.png

Iowa Corn

Pretty self explanatory here, the "Corn" name is based off the corn industry in Iowa. What color is corn? Green and yellow. The Primary logo is an interlocking "IC", and the secondary is a corn husk wearing the teams hat. 

Screen Shot 2016-10-08 at 8.16.34 PM.png

There you have it! These are the original four teams, C&C is well appreciated, I will go back and edit these existing sets if need be! Expansion teams coming soon! If you have an idea for a team, comment below! All suggestions are considered, as long as they are in the Midwest!

10 hours ago, RedfieldNick said:

This looks great!

The Wichita Bombers is a name that comes to mind for a team, with a navy and orange scheme.

I was thinking about doing a team in Wichita, but with the Wranglers team name. The Royals AA affiliate used to be the Wichita Wranglers, so I think it'd be cool to have that as the team name, but I like the navy/orange scheme. 

2 hours ago, KCDesign said:

I was thinking about doing a team in Wichita, but with the Wranglers team name. The Royals AA affiliate used to be the Wichita Wranglers, so I think it'd be cool to have that as the team name, but I like the navy/orange scheme. 

But there is nothing here in Wichita, except Cowtown that screams Wild West, I would save it for Dodge City, if that's alright.

Welcome to Kansas, where you can see your future, literally.

image.png

IMG_1326.PNG

Wichita Bombers

As suggested by @RedfieldNick, I went with the Wichita Bombers name. McConnell Air Force Base is in Wichita, and Boeing used to have a major plant in Sedgwick County. I went with the blue/black/gray color scheme due to that being the scheme of the US Air Force Academy. For the B-2 logo, I decided on that because the B-2 is one of my personal favorite aircraft, and probably one of the most recognizable aircraft the Air Force has.

Screen Shot 2016-10-09 at 7.22.19 PM.png

As for future teams, below is a list of cities I anticipate putting a team in. 

• Lincoln, Nebraska
  • Chicago, Illinois
  • Springfield, Missouri, 
  • Lawrence, Kansas
  • Springfield, Illinois
  • Indianapolis, Indiana
  • Madison, Wisconsin
  • Milwaukee, Wisconsin

I will listen to any other suggestions for cities or team names!

3 hours ago, KCDesign said:

Wichita Bombers

As suggested by @RedfieldNick, I went with the Wichita Bombers name. McConnell Air Force Base is in Wichita, and Boeing used to have a major plant in Sedgwick County. I went with the blue/black/gray color scheme due to that being the scheme of the US Air Force Academy. For the B-2 logo, I decided on that because the B-2 is one of my personal favorite aircraft, and probably one of the most recognizable aircraft the Air Force has.

Screen Shot 2016-10-09 at 7.22.19 PM.png

As for future teams, below is a list of cities I anticipate putting a team in. 

• Lincoln, Nebraska
  • Chicago, Illinois
  • Springfield, Missouri, 
  • Lawrence, Kansas
  • Springfield, Illinois
  • Indianapolis, Indiana
  • Madison, Wisconsin
  • Milwaukee, Wisconsin

I will listen to any other suggestions for cities or team names!

Massive applause to you brother! This looks good, albeit simplistic

Welcome to Kansas, where you can see your future, literally.

image.png

IMG_1326.PNG

Archived