MLB Redesign (4/31) Major Update!

ECUFan25

So, a lot of the newarrow-10x10.png people on here don't know me. Mainly because a.) I haven't posted much on here lately, and b.) The last concept I posted here was OVER TWOarrow-10x10.png MONTHS ago. The last IDCrisis was two whole months ago, apparently. However, throughout that time, I've been making lots of concepts, mostly baseball and ECU stuff, but even a whole athletic wear group, whose logo I accidentally made from mirroring the "A" on a custom font I was making for another concept, and I thought it looked reallyarrow-10x10.png cool. You'll see it on my concepts from nowarrow-10x10.png on until I get a newarrow-10x10.png logo, so get usedarrow-10x10.png to it^_^. This series will redesign all 30 MLB teams + a "What if the Expos Never Moved" concept. Each team will have a Home, Road, Alt and Colorblast(Color Rush) jersey, and maybe more defunct teams if the feedback is really good. I planarrow-10x10.png on completingarrow-10x10.png this series, however it might take a while, because my RL is pretty busy right now. Also, there will be a couple "challenges" within the series. There will be a little "easter egg" in every logo. 

Onto the first team!

Team 1: Arizona Diamondbacks, The Most Interestingarrow-10x10.png Set in the World

Unpopular opinion alert: I really like the Dbacks newarrow-10x10.png set. ICYMI, Arizona added a bright teal color, to take the role of co-secondary color with tan. they also added a very interesting pattern on the arms. They now have 8(count 'em, 8) jerseys, most of them the same color.

What's going on nowarrow-10x10.png:

My take:

Are you really sure you want yourarrow-10x10.png eyes scarred? You do? alright, you can go ahead and lookarrow-10x10.png. But I am not responsible for any damage this does to your eyes. Alright 3, 2, 1, Reveal!!

MLB_ARZC.pngMLB_ARZ1.pngMLB_ARZ2.pngMLB_ARZ3-2.png

Interesting! I'm always game for an MLB series. I actually did an MLB "Color Rush" series a while back so I'm curious to see what color you choose for each team. Some comments:

- I'm not really a fan of your template. These look more like soccer uniforms than MLB unis.

- The white collar on the road set looks out place. Maybe make it red or teal?

- The teal Color Blast uni needs some red. I'm not digging the teal on teal look. Maybe replace the "A" logo on the jersey with the snake?

I agree with coco1997 that the template is not the greatest. The wordmark looks weird with the Z bigger than all the other letters. I like the jerseys and I also like the new A logo. 

Are we going to see any caps?

On October 10, 2016 at 2 34 PMarrow-10x10.png, coco1997 said:

Yes, I can't believe I didn't realize there are no caps! 

WOW. How did I forget the caps?

Herearrow-10x10.pngthey are.

MLB_ARZ4.png

Anyway, here's Toronto

MLB_TORC.pngMLB_TOR1.pngMLB_TOR2-2.pngMLB_TOR3-2.pngMLB_TOR4-2.png

Hope you like it, don't forget about the easter eggs!

The Jays look cool. Not really sure what I'm supposed to be looking for as far as an "Easter egg" goes in the logo. Did you intentionally choose a different shade of powder blue for the Colorblast uni? It almost looks like a very pale lavender. It works, though. 

Also, can you start including socks in your presentations?

I think I may have found an Easter egg on the second one... (not going to say though)

The pale blue is unique, but I would rather see an all blue. It may not be as creative, but with a franchise such as the Jays with a classic look, it may be the way to go. 

And socks would be cool, too. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, sorry I haven't updated this in a while, I had a busy RL for a while plus designer block on the 3rd team. So, I found a little free time to finish 2 more concepts, and we are bypassing Team 3 for right now. So here are Teams 4 and 5:

Texas Rangers|LOGOSPY for: Biggest upgrade while using same logo.

I feel like the Rangers are SO close to being one of, if not the best dressed team in the MLB. Their logo hasn't aged well and all they need IMO are a few Texas-ified updates.

1. Cream-ify them. I don't know why, it feels Texas-y to me. However the 'Stros will not be in cream.

2. Remove the drop shadows. Drop shadows are just so 90's, just like teal and gradients (sorry Florida)

3. BOLD. As the saying goes, everything's bigger in Texas. So why does that not apply to the Rangers. I bolded the #'s and NOB by a pixel and a half, and to me it looks 10000 times better.

Along with some other things, but I won't get too detailed.

Onto the concepts!

MLB_TEXC.png

MLB_TEX1.pngMLB_TEX2.pngMLB_TEX3.pngMLB_TEX4.png

Team 5:

Chicago Cubs|LOGOSPY for: Most times one logo used in a singlearrow-10x10.png set

Oh the Cubbies, the World Series winning Cubbies. what are we going to do with you. Just 3 years ago you finished with 100 losses and this year, over 100 wins. I really kept their set the same, because I like it, except for some tweaks on the road, and a throwback to 1908 (can you tell I made these before Wednesday?)

Here's what the North-Siders look like in my perfect vision

MLB_CHC.png

MLB_CHC1.pngMLB_CHC2.pngMLB_CHC3.pngMLB_CHC4.png

Hope you like these 2 teams!

I had forgotten about this series!

I like this update. The "T" crest on the Rangers sets is a simple but effective solution to the "Texas or Rangers" wordmark problem. 

For the Cubs, any reason you made the Color Blast uni red and not blue? Blue would probably be the more logical choice.  

You said these were the 4th and 5th teams, but I only four. Was there a team you forgot to post?

29 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

I had forgotten about this series!

I like this update. The "T" crest on the Rangers sets is a simple but effective solution to the "Texas or Rangers" wordmark problem. 

For the Cubs, any reason you made the Color Blast uni red and not blue? Blue would probably be the more logical choice.  

You said these were the 4th and 5th teams, but I only four. Was there a team you forgot to post?

K

2 hours ago, ECUFan25 said:

Hey, sorry I haven't updated this in a while, I had a busy RL for a while plus designer block on the 3rd team. So, I found a little free time to finish 2 more concepts, and we are bypassing Team 3 for right now. So here are Teams 4 and 5:

(A bunch of me ranting about how the Rangers uniforms suck)

Archived