Jump to content

LOGOLYMPIAD 2016 - EVENT 1 - Anniversary Patch


pollux

Recommended Posts

vrWROCB.png


OPGmXPb.png

 

For the first event in this year’s Logolympiad, you have to design a patch commemorating an event (sporting or non-sporting) that really happened in 2006, 1996, 1991, 1966, 1941, or 1916 (10, 20, 25, 50, 75, or 100 years ago). The event you choose to represent has to be verifiable by everyone via internet. I will not accept personal events, even if you send me proof.

 

  • Include the years in the design, for example 1996 - 2016. You need both years on your design.
  • You may use and incorporate existing images or logos, but the overall design must be your own.
     

 

DEADLINE: October 17th, 11:59AM Eastern Time

 

Failure to follow the guidelines could result in your entry being inadvertently (or intentionally) excluded from judging.

 

Entries must be emailed to logolympiad (@) gmail (dot) com prior to the set deadline. Subject line should be the event number (Ex: Event 1). Once you submit your entry, it is considered final.

 

Entries must be submitted as .jpg, .gif or .png formats. The file name format of the submission is: event#_yourusername.extension (Ex: event1_pollux.png). The file must be attached to your email.

 

All final entries must be 800x600 pixels with at least 70 pixels of white space at the bottom of the image. This means that your presentation has to fit in a 800x530 pixels window (800 pixels wide by 530 pixels high). I will NOT re-size entries that are not properly done, so make sure it's right.

 

The background of the entries should be solid white, unless otherwise specified. You must not use gradients, shadows, patterns, lines, etc. on your background.

 

Do not add any text or images to your submission, unless otherwise specified. Do not add the team name, location, the entry number, the event type, etc.

 

Do not include your name or any other personal identifiers on your submission. Also, do not watermark your work. I will add a watermark to each entry before they get posted for judging. I will also provide each entry with a number. You are expected to keep the identity of your entry anonymous until the end of the event. If you think you know the identity of another designer, keep it to yourself. Anyone who exposes the identity of themselves or anyone else will be DQ'd.

 

You should receive an automatic reply once you submit your entry. If you don’t receive one, please PM me directly. If I see an issue with the format of your submission, I will contact you giving you a chance to resubmit. I will NOT, however, comment on the content of the submission.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, hendocfc said:

If this is about a team,are we permitted to use the team logo as-is or in monocolour?

 

Yes, you can incorporate the team logo into your design, as long as it's not the only element of your design. The overall design must be your own.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RTI said:

If a team's first season was in, say "1967", 2016 would be there 50th Season... Is that an eligible entry?

 

Yes, it is an eligible entry. You could also celebrate 50 years of this team if you want.

 

See answer below.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pollux said:

 

Yes, it is an eligible entry. You could also celebrate 50 years of this team if you want.

 

@RTI Wait... I misread your initial intent. While it would be the 50th season, the initial year is 1967, which is 49 years ago. Therefore it would not be valid. I apologize for the confusion.

 

1966-2016 is valid.

1967-2016 is NOT valid, even if it's the 50th season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, pollux said:

 

@RTI Wait... I misread your initial intent. While it would be the 50th season, the initial year is 1967, which is 49 years ago. Therefore it would not be valid. I apologize for the confusion.

 

1966-2016 is valid.

1967-2016 is NOT valid, even if it's the 50th season.

I think he means '1966-67 season to 2016-17 season.' (Such as the Penguins, Flyers, Kings and Blues celebrating their 50th anniversary this season.)

Not sure how that affects this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

I think he means '1966-67 season to 2016-17 season.' (Such as the Penguins, Flyers, Kings and Blues celebrating their 50th anniversary this season.)

Not sure how that affects this. 

 

I understand that. But as I said, he would be able to celebrate the team's 50 years between 1966 and 2016. My assumption is that the NHL expansion happened in 1967 so the first season would be 1967-1968 and the 50th season would start in 2016 ( if we count the lockout season).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Steelman said:

Can the "event" be an historical accomplishment by a person or athlete in one of those given time-frames? I.e., 2016 would be the 50th year anniversary of a long standing record set by so-in-so.

 

Yes, this is an acceptable event, as long as it happened during one of the mentioned years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, pollux said:

 

I understand that. But as I said, he would be able to celebrate the team's 50 years between 1966 and 2016. My assumption is that the NHL expansion happened in 1967 so the first season would be 1967-1968 and the 50th season would start in 2016 ( if we count the lockout season).

I already did up a logo like that... So is this acceptable? (since they're currently celebrating)

Thanks for the quick replies and hosting again!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

I already did up a logo like that... So is this acceptable? (since they're currently celebrating)

Thanks for the quick replies and hosting again!

 

You did a logo like what exactly? I don't want to assume anything incorrectly here.

 

In short, celebrating seasons is tricky as you could play with the different dates and mix everything up. For this event, it's easier to concentrate on something that happened on the mentioned years. For example, 1966 would be good, but 1967 would NOT, even if it's the 50th season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pollux said:

 

You did a logo like what exactly? I don't want to assume anything incorrectly here.

 

In short, celebrating seasons is tricky as you could play with the different dates and mix everything up. For this event, it's easier to concentrate on something that happened on the mentioned years. For example, 1966 would be good, but 1967 would NOT, even if it's the 50th season.

I did a logo for a team who celebrates in 16 and 17...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Atomic pinned this topic
  • pollux unpinned this topic

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.