2016-17 NHL Season: Happy 100th Birthday, National Hockey League

Unocal

Lots of people are wondering how P.K. Subban will jell with the Predators. I think he'll thrive in Laviolette's system. He'll be very good. In fact, I'd even say he'll be super! Yes, that P.K. Subban really is one superpr--

*I am dragged out of the thread with a giant shepherd's hook and savagely beaten by Hillary Men*

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But The Hockey Sweater has been a huge part of Canada's cultural fabric, as Canadian NHL players from all backgrounds now get as petulant as a small child when faced with the prospect of putting on a Leafs sweater.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, 2001mark said:

fyi I'm not a huge fan of Matthews & Marner's jersey #34 & #16... oddly numbered evens are not my favs, at all.

Lucky 34 it is then.  I'm sure there won't be any bandwagon Leafs fans who come out of the woodwork this week.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

The only problem now, is that Matthews has to live up to all the Leafs fans expectations, even more so... 

Ok, that's not the only problem... They should also be a little worried that no one else has scored yet either :P

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

13 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

So i'm watching TVA, and curious why the JvR interview wasnt subtitled.

They never do, as the interview is usually live, or delayed by only a few minutes. The interviewer will then translate in French what was said during the interview. Odd for you, maybe, but it's a pretty standard procedure when the interview is live and not in the audience's main language.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

30 minutes ago, pollux said:

They never do, as the interview is usually live, or delayed by only a few minutes. The interviewer will then translate in French what was said during the interview. Odd for you, maybe, but it's a pretty standard procedure when the interview is live and not in the audience's main language.

I think it's mostly that I've watched neither prerecorded material or ones with the player having a translator(such as foreign player in French teams)

It's just weird hearing English where it doesn't belong. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Archived