2016-17 NHL Season: Happy 100th Birthday, National Hockey League

Unocal

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

And to think, Columbus got off to a shaky start in October.

They were 6-4-2 after losing in Boston on November 10th. They're 15-1-2 since.

Tonight's game against Pittsburgh has all the ingredients for a major let down. I hope I'm wrong.  

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Avs suck this year. No other way to phrase it.

Also, as an Isles fan, this year is just brutal. We lost three key players in the offseason, got PA Parenteau only to lose him again, picked up Ladd and Chimera who are doing nothing on the ice, and as a result are in the bottom of the standings.

At least we're not the Avalanche, though.

The Isles sucking the way they are is a bummer because now the vultures are circling and talking about where John Tavares should go. He shouldn't go anywhere, just get Snow and his basement tenant Capuano out. The only time Snow ever looked competent was when he got Leddy and Boychuk for very little, and that was just being in the right place at the right time for other people's cap crunches (a lot of the same can be said for Jim Nill, but he'll always be a darling because of where he works vis-a-vis where Snow works).

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On a related note, I'd like to see the Avalanche take half the crap the Oilers did for hoarding defensively suspect forwards and neglecting anything else (then, when the Oilers identified the problem and addressed it in trading Hall for Larsson, they took MORE crap).

Jesus. Columbus is a scary team. Their aggressiveness just destroyed us all night, especially in the 2nd and 3rd periods when it started to wear down our defense. 

Columbus deserves to be #1 after this. Congrats to them. If it's not the Pens, I would rather see them win the division than anyone else. 

The Blue Jackets deserve every bit of the kudos they're getting, but the Wild winning their ninth in a row, against Montreal, last night, was also pretty impressive.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

5 hours ago, the admiral said:

The Isles sucking the way they are is a bummer because now the vultures are circling and talking about where John Tavares should go. He shouldn't go anywhere, just get Snow and his basement tenant Capuano out. The only time Snow ever looked competent was when he got Leddy and Boychuk for very little, and that was just being in the right place at the right time for other people's cap crunches (a lot of the same can be said for Jim Nill, but he'll always be a darling because of where he works vis-a-vis where Snow works).

I'll help move those bozos out.  What's even more frustrating is that Snow was given the ability to spend to the cap and this is the best he could do.  Ladd would have been a nice complementary piece with Okposo and Nielsen not instead of them.  Then for good measure he signs Cizikas and Clutterbuck to $3+ million a year long term deals and they're fourth liners.  Now the Isles look like the Maple Leafs of the past five or six years or so.

How Capuano still has a job after yet another tank job November is beyond me and with what he's done this month makes me wonder if Snow keeps him around because he really needs the rent money. 

Yeah, the thing about having The Best Fourth Line In Hockey is that you have to pay them like a fourth line or else they effectively cease to be a fourth line. The Blackhawks got away with paying Michael Frolik good money to play on the fourth line because the league didn't know what to do about the 2013 salary cap and sorta decided there wasn't really gonna be one.

10 straight for the Wild.  And they're not the hottest team in the league.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

8 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

The Blue Jackets deserve every bit of the kudos they're getting, but the Wild winning their ninth in a row, against Montreal, last night, was also pretty impressive.

The Jackets also beat the Habs, extending the winning streak to TWELVE games. Like honestly, I cannot believe it one bit, this Jackets team has already won 15% of the season's total games in this one streak alone. At what point can we stop being referred to as the Beej?

That's what- She

Embrace the Beej.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived