2016-17 NHL Season: Happy 100th Birthday, National Hockey League

Unocal

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dave Lozo is at it again. From his article on Matt Murray in Breaking Down the Race for the Calder Trophy.

Why he can't win it: Because voters are idiots. You're probably saying, "Dave, Murray won the Stanley Cup last year. How is he still a rookie?" Because he is. He meets the requirements for rookie status, so he is a rookie. But if there's one thing voters love doing, it's imposing their own ideas onto an award. You can without question find people who didn't vote for Artemi Panarin last year because they felt his KHL experience disqualified him when the rules say no such thing. You know people will say Murray's Cup run last year will do the same.

Voters are idiots. As opposed to Lozo himself.

And was that part about Artemi Panarin really true or did people not vote for him because the Ghostbear actually had a good season for the Flyers?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

He's one lazy backcheck away from being traded to a Sun Belt team or vilified by the Toronto media.

But if Murray loses a close vote to Matthews or Laine, it will probably because Gord Richards of Saskatchewan TV didn't think Murray should be a rookie. Don't be that guy, voters. Don't be Gord Richards.

All these dudes hate Canada so much. Their balls are gonna be bluer than the Maple Leafs' sweaters if the Internet Darling Stars and Perds both miss.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

16 hours ago, 2001mark said:

NHL have renamed BMO Field as Exhibition Stadium for the Centennial Classic because Scotiabank is an official sponsor.

lols

Oh, I'm sorry, your competitor is in our pocket so we'll not be using your paid name for the building.  

That is pretty common during the Champions League in corporate named stadiums. 

2016 has been quite a year...

Matt Hardy became one of the biggest names in wrestling. PK Subban was traded from the Montreal Canadiens. The Chicago Cubs have won the World Series. Cleveland's pro sports teams have become massively successful. And the Columbus Blue Jackets set a record with 14 straight wins and counting...and could possibly break the all-time record of 17.

I second guessed everything wondering if this was all just a dream??

Winnipeg Jets: “Poor goaltending.” “Again.” Connor Hellebuyck is a .909 goalie because the team can’t kill a penalty to save its life, and this is a town that spent years with “Actually Ondrej Pavelec Being .904 Is Good” as its designated Hill To Die On. This rotten city doesn’t deserve a team, I swear.

ROTTEN CITY. Say this about Raleigh and Hockey Twitter, HFBoards, r/hockey all tear you to shreds. Oh well, guess I'll just go beat off to Jamie Benn till my dick's raw.

9 hours ago, the admiral said:

ROTTEN CITY. Say this about Raleigh and Hockey Twitter, HFBoards, r/hockey all tear you to shreds. Oh well, guess I'll just go beat off to Jamie Benn till my dick's raw.

Winnipeg is a rotten city, though.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Be that as it may, it's coming from roughly the same place as the Perds fans who get sore after a loss to the Hawks and go "well at least we don't have black people shooting each other"

Archived