SabresRule7361

2016-17 NHL Season: Happy 100th Birthday, National Hockey League

When I went to a game at Barclay's last season the thing that really struck me was how cold it was in the building.  They had the AC cranked up to "cryogenically freeze your future children" level.  Hearing about the PVC piping under the rink and the crappy ice conditions I now know why.  Too bad Charles Wang was an idiot...

Honestly though the only things I miss about the Coliseum are the sightlines, the location and realizing that I could get out of the parking lot and back home faster then I could get to the front of the bathroom line.

7 hours ago, RedRenesis said:

I'm sure someone has the NHL Wheel of Justice .gif to insert here.

Aha, so it´s pretty random who gets suspended and who doesn't in today's NHL ? 

11 hours ago, tp49 said:

Honestly though the only things I miss about the Coliseum are the sightlines, the location and realizing that I could get out of the parking lot and back home faster then I could get to the front of the bathroom line.

"All I miss was how well I could see the game and how well I could attend the game"

I have the feeling that Malcolm Subban just isn't a good goaltender.

3 hours ago, Brass said:

I have the feeling that Malcolm Subban just isn't a good goaltender.

He was actually pretty good, last season, for an AHL goalie. I don't know what his issue is, this season, but it's a pretty steep decline.

The Maple Leaves are ruining Frederik Andersen. 7 goals on 24 shots. Poor Freddy. He and Gibson were such a great tandem.

I think I hate the LA Kings more than any other team in the NHL at the moment. 

8 minutes ago, alexandre said:

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/17890933/nhl-signs-16-year-deal-fanatics-replica-jerseys-stanley-cup-champion-apparel

Fanatics lands another big fish. This is an interesting deal, not certain if this is a positive for quality of replicas but it may reduce price? (Who am I kidding, no way it reduces the price.)

So Adidas makes the game jerseys and replicas will have the Fanatics logo on it per the article, not a fan of that. Also replicas will be made of different material.

2 minutes ago, charger77 said:

So Adidas makes the game jerseys and replicas will have the Fanatics logo on it per the article, not a fan of that. Also replicas will be made of different material.

Lets home the Fanatics logos is as simple as the jocktag.  If so, I'm fine with it. 

I wonder if this line of jerseys would be along the lines of the NFL Shop Pro Line Jerseys.  I too am very pleased to know of larger sizes since I am a 2XL and sometimes they get a tad snug.

I'm not an NFL fan so I've never seen those. I also tbh am not really in the market for buying a new replica sweater, but what's the quality like?

11 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

He was actually pretty good, last season, for an AHL goalie. I don't know what his issue is, this season, but it's a pretty steep decline.

His first game, last year, he let in 3 goals on like 6 or 7 shots before getting pulled... This year it was 3 goals on like 17 shots. So maybe by his 5th start he'll play well??? :P

But only maybe the first goal was one he should have stopped. The rest were kinda his defense leaving him out to dry... That second goal especially. I think the third one he was screened by a few of his own defensemen... That game was also pretty even in scoring chances and shots. Dubnyk played out of his mind, and the Wild got some good momentum in the second.

1 hour ago, alexandre said:

I'm not an NFL fan so I've never seen those. I also tbh am not really in the market for buying a new replica sweater, but what's the quality like?

I actually have one and the quality is nice, I'll be interested to see what the fabric material will be like for a hockey jersey.

From the Yahoo article I saw, the Fanatics logo is definitely on the jock tag, and might be on the back of the jersey below the neck.  Basically I see it like this atm:

Best case scenario: Jock tag logo only.  Probably wishful thinking, but if it's true it will be fantastic.  That will be negligible.

Most likely scenario: Logo appears on the jock tag and below the neck.  Also not terrible, as loing as the neck logo isn't too garish.  Would be able to deal with this just fine.

Worst case scenario: Fanatics finds a way to get their logo on every inch of the jersey that doesn't mess with the design.  Neck logo is large and unavoidable.  Etc., etc.

Shea Weber entered this mega hockey market with a task the size of a ton of bricks. His job was to fill in for PK Subban and try to ease the pain of this fanbase still sick and furious about PK's abrupt departure.

He answers the challenge with 9 points (3G, 7A) in 7 games (multi-tied in 2nd place for most points in the league), and leads the league in +/- at +12 (with the 2nd place player being at +9, a 3 point gap between 1st and 2nd).

So what's the current status of Marc Bergevin and Geoff Molson's reputation?

20 hours ago, McCarthy said:

I think I hate the LA Kings more than any other team in the NHL at the moment. 

That's funny, because Kings fans don't give two sh**s about the Blue Jackets.  And why should we?  They've never accomplished anything.  But go ahead, hate us all you want.  It hurts you more than it hurts us.