2016-17 NHL Season: Happy 100th Birthday, National Hockey League

Unocal

23 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

In spite of their front office, the Oilers are 6-1 right now on the season. Heh. Curious to see where this one ends up.

It ends up with Peter Chiarelli trading Connor McDavid to the Anaheim Ducks straight up for Nick Ritchie or some other "character guy."

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, if you're surprised that McDavid, Draisaitl, and Eberle are leading a team to success, you're not really seeing the forest for the trees. Chiarelli did stupid things in Boston and still went to two Finals in three years, winning one, because there were lots of good players on the roster. I hope they keep it up. It's not just overdue but delinquent.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

4 hours ago, rxmc89 said:

That's funny, because Kings fans don't give two sh**s about the Blue Jackets.  And why should we?  

Because they hand delivered you two championships. How bout a thank you? You're welcome. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

58 minutes ago, the admiral said:

It's not just overdue but delinquent.

Well, yeah. If anyone's surprised, that would be the reason - because the promise the Oilers have shown the first seven games of this season was supposed to have been the promise they would be showing for about three seasons now, and it only appears that now the promise is justifying itself. It hasn't been fun watching several skilled young players putz around in mediocrity brought on by a substandard front office and coaching staff(s) these past few years, at all.

spacer.png

Partial Power Outage at the Shark Tank with 2:42 remaining in 2nd Period.  So we have the "2nd Intermission" now.  Will comeback after full intermission and play remainder of 2nd period before starting third period.  I think I've heard of this rule, but it's the first time I've actually seen it occur.  

6 hours ago, DaRadniz29 said:

Partial Power Outage at the Shark Tank with 2:42 remaining in 2nd Period.  So we have the "2nd Intermission" now.  Will comeback after full intermission and play remainder of 2nd period before starting third period.  I think I've heard of this rule, but it's the first time I've actually seen it occur.  

You also see it happen if a glass panel breaks near the end of a period.

On 10/27/2016 at 6:03 AM, McCarthy said:

Because they hand delivered you (LA Kings) two championships. How bout a thank you? You're welcome.

Good point. That plus tonight's game in Anaheim, why do I still pull for the Beej?

Screw you, Columbus :P 

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

51 minutes ago, Rj0498 said:

The wild are doing very well but Parise is hurt I guess we will do fine even with him less than 100%

Bruce Boudreau has won a division title every time he had been behind the bench for a full season. Just don't expect much in the playoffs.

LA Kings goaltending situation:

• NHL starter Jonathan Quick: Injured
  • NHL back-up Jeff Zatkoff: Becomes NHL starter, then injured
  • AHL starter Petr Budaj: Becomes NHL back-up, then NHL starter
  • AHL back-up Jack Campbell: Becomes AHL starter, then NHL back-up
  • AHL PTO goalie Jonah Imoo: Signed on to be AHL back-up, then becomes AHL starter, then injured
  • AHL PTO goalie Troy Reddman: Signed on to be AHL back-up, eventually released after team signs...
  • AHL PTO goalie Anders Lindback: Signed on to be AHL goalie, travelling with team, but unable to play yet due to visa issues
  • ECHL goalie Jack Flinn: Called up to be AHL back-up while Lindback deals with visa, becomes AHL starter after Jonah Imoo's injury
  • AHL goalie coach Dusty Imoo: 46-year-old initially serves as AHL emergency back-up to HIS SON Jonah before Reddman's signing, after Jonah's injury, signs PTO to be AHL back-up to Flinn while Lindback's visa gets sorted out

Both the NHL netminders are injured, the AHL goalies are in the NHL, the AHL fillers are injured/dealing with immigration/old, and the one Kings-owned ECHL goalie is in the AHL. They have no other goaltenders in their system right now.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

1 hour ago, Rj0498 said:

Perhaps but the wild are not exactly big time playoff winners

True.   But they are also pretty awful in the regular season with their annual extended period of misery.  It will be interesting to see whether Boudreau can keep that from happening.  If so, I'll take it and hope for the playoffs.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived