worst logos ever!

osctheg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you need 2 categories here.  The truly worst logos are always from rinkydink independent or minor league teams, often with leagues that cannot pay their bills so they certainly are not paying for professional design.  Just look at the APBL for example.  But then there is the category of "Major 4" teams that just had horrible logos.  In that category, I am going to give my vote for the worst major league team logo ever to the Phoenix Coyotes.  Whereas the Northwestern native peoples vibe of the Seahawks logo works, the Southwestern native peoples vibe of this horror show absolutely does not. 

Phoenix_Coyotes.jpg

36 minutes ago, WideRight said:

I think you need 2 categories here.  The truly worst logos are always from rinkydink independent or minor league teams, often with leagues that cannot pay their bills so they certainly are not paying for professional design.  Just look at the APBL for example.  But then there is the category of "Major 4" teams that just had horrible logos.  In that category, I am going to give my vote for the worst major league team logo ever to the Phoenix Coyotes.  Whereas the Northwestern native peoples vibe of the Seahawks logo works, the Southwestern native peoples vibe of this horror show absolutely does not. 

Phoenix_Coyotes.jpg

I love this logo and think it is with out a doubt awesome! I think part of it is understanding the inspiration behind it with the Hopi Kachina dolls, so it makes sense and fits the vibe of the Southwest. I know it doesn't jive with the rest of the looks in the NHL but I think that's okay. 

On 10/15/2016 at 2:16 PM, bushy said:

Can't believe I made an account to defend the Marlins logo, but I don't see what's bad about it all. It has great colors that represent the city well. It looks great on merchandise (I love rocking my two Marlins hats) and in general I just think the logo looks good. 

Thank you sir.

30 minutes ago, WideRight said:

Well, if we are going to criticize teams for having a name that demands a better logo, then this one has to be on the list.  What a waste of a team name. 

jets.jpg

Indeed while many people love this logo I think their 80s logo or the one they had in the early 60s were better

On 2016-10-18 at 11:37 AM, TheOatsMustFlow said:

I love this logo and think it is with out a doubt awesome! I think part of it is understanding the inspiration behind it with the Hopi Kachina dolls, so it makes sense and fits the vibe of the Southwest. I know it doesn't jive with the rest of the looks in the NHL but I think that's okay. 

My problem with the 90s Coyotes look was that it tried to do too much in too limited a space.

Eu3uA7b.jpg

You only have so much "space" on a hockey uniform, and cluttering it with too many colours just doesn't work. Are the Coyotes a black team? A brick team? Purple? Cream? Orange? Green?

"Black" would seem like the right answer, but it's a very minimal presence on the logos. The whole look is just cluttered and confused.

Archived