worst logos ever!

osctheg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

Unpopular opinion time:

Full-body mascot logos like these were ubiquitous in college sports for decades. With few exceptions, I don't like them. I prefer the more modern and streamlined approach to sports logos we see today, as opposed to corny illustrations masquerading as logos.

I am with you.  I can deal with them on t-shirts and other very secondary materials but not as primary logos and, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, not on football helmets (not even Sparky).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

4 hours ago, osctheg said:

unless the team was named the beijing bump or something

I don't think you understand... You pointlessly bumped this thread just for the sake of bumping it. You didn't even have a logo to post....

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

32 minutes ago, Ray Lankford said:

One thing that jumps out in this thread: why do all pre-war logos look like they were drawn by someone who was sitting in the back of a truck that was going down a bumpy road?

Because it's not like computers existed yet or anything, logos had to be reproduced and traced each time when they needed to be printed, over time they get very rough.

Archived