Biggest Sports Rivalries

Nick 1733

I'll try the MISL now

Milwaukee Wave/Baltimore Blast

Meet in the finals twice in the last 2 years, Baltimore coming up victorious both times:mad: . Arguably the two best teams in the MISL now...

Milwaukee Wave/Philadelphia Kixx

Has died down recently, but still some bad blood between the teams

Dallas Sidekicks/Sand Diego Sockers

Lots of history in that matchup...besides that, im not sure

Cleveland Force/there fans/Chicago Storm

The Force did not protect legend Hector Marinaro, I assume the expected him not to be chosen in the new expansion draft by the Storm....well he was, and im not sure if hes going to play or just retire...

Im sure theres more rivalries in the current MISL, but well this is all i can think of now.

peshtigobloglogocc.jpg twittericonkingslut.gif

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two words. ALABAMA v. AUBURN.

People get divorced when they find out their spouse went to the other.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

NFL Eagles Cowboys and here are my reasons

1 the Buddy Ryan imposed bounty on Aikman

2 breaking Irvins neck

3 TOs (i think) when he was a 9er spiking the ball on the star at midfield

4 Chris Boniol (Intentionally) flubbing a late field goal on Monday Night against his former team.

5 I HATE THE COWBOYS!!! :D

93-94canucks.jpg

01. New York Yankees vs Boston Red Sox

02. Chicago Bears vs Green Bay Packers

03. Chicago Cubs vs Saint Louis Cardinals

04. Dallas Cowboys vs NFC East

05. NY Rangers vs NY Islanders

06. New Jersey Devils vs Philadelphia Flyers

07. Los Angeles Dodgers vs San Francisco Giants

08. Toronto Maple Leafs vs Montreal Canadiens

09. New York Yankees vs New York Mets

10. Edmonton Oilers vs Calgary Flames

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Since the question is which are basically the best rivalries, I'm judging mine how the games are to watch and how much hatred exists between teams, not nessecarily whats been the longest or what have you.

1. Yankees/Red Sox

2. Avalanche/Canucks

IUe6Hvh.png

I'll try the MISL now

Milwaukee Wave/Baltimore Blast

Meet in the finals twice in the last 2 years, Baltimore coming up victorious both times:mad: . Arguably the two best teams in the MISL now...

Milwaukee Wave/Philadelphia Kixx

Has died down recently, but still some bad blood between the teams

Dallas Sidekicks/Sand Diego Sockers

Lots of history in that matchup...besides that, im not sure

Cleveland Force/there fans/Chicago Storm

The Force did not protect legend Hector Marinaro, I assume the expected him not to be chosen in the new expansion draft by the Storm....well he was, and im not sure if hes going to play or just retire...

Im sure theres more rivalries in the current MISL, but well this is all i can think of now.

Back when the league started the Baltimore Blast/New York Arrows was HUGE.

The Blast/Sockers was also a very good rivalry.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

I'll alwasy pop for a Montreal/Toronto game...but to me the fued has been watered down. Being in the same division IMO is hurtin the fued. I know there isn't any other way to lineup the divisions, but when they played twice a season, each game was much more important, exciting.

playing more is great, you get to see the rivalry more, Habs and Leafs fans can get worked up more, but it in my mind, it takes away some of the specialness of the fued. the Saturdays that they do play, always a night to get together with the boys and enjoy some great hockey (even if I am the only Habs fan in the room)

i would say that the biggest rivalrys in Minnesota sports right now are as follows:

Wild-Canucks: I love the boos going out to todd bertuzzi during the all star game this year. everytime these two play there are usually a lot of fights that break out. case and point during the 03 playoffs may and johnson got in a fight 4 seconds in. Personally i hate the canucks and i think that bertuzzi is the biggest cheap shot the game has ever seen

Twins-White Sox: The thing that bothers me the most is the fact that the so called experts always pick the white sox to finish higher then the twins every year but the last time that i checked the twins are back to back central champs. so i hate the white sox too. The yankees arent much better either.

Timberwolves-Spurs: i love watching these two teams polay because of the fact that this rivalry is really clean. what you have here is the two best players in the NBA go head to head and its very intense but they all have respect for each other.

Vikings-Packers: what better christmas present can i guy get this season then to see the vikes kick the crap out of the fudgepackers on chrismas eve this year. These games are always intense which makes them awesome

Here are some notable College hockey rivalrys:

Minnesota-Minnesota Duluth (6 out of 7 eat that gopher fans)

Minnesota-North Dakota

Michigan-Michigan State

Boston Universty-Boston College (the good old beanpot)

Maine-New Hampshire

Chiefs-Raiders:How's this for a competitive rivalry??

1960's-11-11

1970's-Raiders 12-6-2

1980's-Raiders 12-7

1990's-Chiefs 18-3

2000's-Raiders 5-3

Overall-Chiefs 45-43-2

Ok, so overall, it's been a series of long stretches of dominance by one team over the other, but every game is hard fought and typically they're fairly close games. With all of the bad blood between the teams dating back 40 plus years, I'd have to say this ranks right up with the best in sports.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

i would say that the biggest rivalrys in Minnesota sports right now are as follows:

Wild-Canucks: I love the boos going out to todd bertuzzi during the all star game this year. everytime these two play there are usually a lot of fights that break out. case and point during the 03 playoffs may and johnson got in a fight 4 seconds in. Personally i hate the canucks and i think that bertuzzi is the biggest cheap shot the game has ever seen

Twins-White Sox: The thing that bothers me the most is the fact that the so called experts always pick the white sox to finish higher then the twins every year but the last time that i checked the twins are back to back central champs. so i hate the white sox too. The yankees arent much better either.

Timberwolves-Spurs: i love watching these two teams polay because of the fact that this rivalry is really clean. what you have here is the two best players in the NBA go head to head and its very intense but they all have respect for each other.

Vikings-Packers: what better christmas present can i guy get this season then to see the vikes kick the crap out of the fudgepackers on chrismas eve this year. These games are always intense which makes them awesome

Here are some notable College hockey rivalrys:

Minnesota-Minnesota Duluth (6 out of 7 eat that gopher fans)

Minnesota-North Dakota

Michigan-Michigan State

Boston Universty-Boston College (the good old beanpot)

Maine-New Hampshire

Where's Badgers-Gophers for the Bunyan Ax? Shoot... where's Badgers-Gophers for anything?

BTW, the Packers are 2-2 at the MetroDump since Sherman took over. I think it's time to stop chalking that up as an automatic win.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

In college basketball, it might not be top but Wake Forest and Duke is allways a good game.

In Canadian football Toronto and Hamilton gets nasty at Ivor Wynne

The biggest rivalry in MLS IMO is MetroStars vs. DC United

But the biggest rivalry in sport has to be Boca Juniors vs. River Plate.

1zqy8ok.gif

I'll alwasy pop for a Montreal/Toronto game...but to me the fued has been watered down. Being in the same division IMO is hurtin the fued. I know there isn't any other way to lineup the divisions, but when they played twice a season, each game was much more important, exciting.

playing more is great, you get to see the rivalry more, Habs and Leafs fans can get worked up more, but it in my mind, it takes away some of the specialness of the fued. the Saturdays that they do play, always a night to get together with the boys and enjoy some great hockey (even if I am the only Habs fan in the room)

Couldn't agree more. I would say Boston is our bigger rival, but if 24/30 playoff series is a rivalry, so is a father spanking his kid. In Atlantic Canada, though, Leafs/Habs is probably the funnest rivalry, because most hockey fans support one or the other.

I think NFL rivalries are the best, because it's two games, one in each yard....it avoids dillusion.

Also, someone mentioned a Canadiens/Sens rivalry? I personally have never really felt much animosity to Ottawa, and don't know any Habs fans who have. Of course, on game night we hate them, but I think it's more of a brother thing outside that.

Then again, we haven't dominated them yet in the playoffs, eh? ;)

Also, someone mentioned a Canadiens/Sens rivalry?  I personally have never really felt much animosity to Ottawa, and don't know any Habs fans who have.  Of course, on game night we hate them, but I think it's more of a brother thing outside that.

Then again, we haven't dominated them yet in the playoffs, eh? ;)

Yeah, I haven't seen any bad feelings towards the Habs from Ottawa.

Ottawa/Montreal has the potential of being the best rivalry in the NHL, but it hasn't developed yet because they haven't met in the playoffs.

Habsfans who can't remember what the playoffs are like should think back to the days of Larry Robinson and Guy Lafleur. :P

Archived