Biggest Sports Rivalries

Nick 1733

Hey saintsfan, Creamer was telling me there is a big rivalry in the SPL between Hearts and someone? Who is the other team??

hibernian, or Hibs are hearts cross town rivals in edinburgh. Its very similar in a smaller way to the Celtic rangers thing, lots of religious bigotry and that kind of thing, Hearts being a largely protestant team and Hibs being a catholic team, at least in traditional support.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CFL:

calgary-edmonton

saskatchewan-winnepeg

hamilton-toronto

ottawa-montreal

what are these?

:D Ha! It's about time BC feels alienated and not all high-and-mighty as normal!

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Hey saintsfan, Creamer was telling me there is a big rivalry in the SPL between Hearts and someone? Who is the other team??

hibernian, or Hibs are hearts cross town rivals in edinburgh. Its very similar in a smaller way to the Celtic rangers thing, lots of religious bigotry and that kind of thing, Hearts being a largely protestant team and Hibs being a catholic team, at least in traditional support.

Ahhhh I see, it is one of those; kind of disappointing that is the reason....

• 2 weeks later...

Could this really be happening? Cards/Cubs over Sox/Yanks? Sox/Yanks cannot be compared to any other rivalry in baseball. A rivalry is not about being best friends. And if you say that the Sox/Yanks rivalry has no history then just think back to all the times the Yankees kept the Red Sox out of the playoffs :cry: , and all the incredible games between the two. Even though Im a Red Sox fan, you have to agree with me on this one.

Now why are Oklahoma - Texas or Florida - Florida State - Miami not on there?

I'd also nominate Georgia Tech - Georgia or South Carolina - Clemson.

And in college hoops, nothing beats the Big Five. St. Joseph's - Villanova - LaSalle - Temple - Penn.

LvZYtbZ.png

I'd also nominate Georgia Tech - Georgia...

I wouldn't Georgia and GA Tech don't agree, but Georgia hates Florida, from what I see. Conference first, state second.

I know from personal experience that Alabama hates Tennessee and vice versa.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

ncaa : Badgers vs Gerbils :D

Mount Union football vs. Division III

Tech vs Uglya

on a smaller and more recent scale, Badgers vs Michigan State...moreso in hoops but i see it spill over to football.

Badgers vs Marketplace :hockeysmiley:

Hawaii vs BYU

other rivalries

Bush vs the USA

USA vs World

England vs Argentina

Mexico vs Poverty

50 vs Ja :P

Brazil soccer vs World

football vs futbol

Spy vs Spy

Crips vs Bloods

GDs vs La Familia

Buddy Ryan vs Mike Ditka

Happy Gilmore vs Bob Barker :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Man Utd do have lots of rivalries- there cross city opponents in manchester City, the Manchester/Liverpool things means united v Liverpool is a big contest, United v Leeds is lancashire v Yorkshire, so a big rivalry, then there is  man Utd V Arsenal as the two most succesful teams recently, so yeah pretty much Man U v anybody!!

In soccer you could put celtic v rangers as a big big rivalry, barcelona v real madrid would be another.

On that English football tip, let's also not forget Spurs/ARSEnal, Spurs/Chelsea, Newcastle/Sunderland, and the one saintsfan has a vested interest in, Southampton/Portsmouth...

True, I was talking on a big global scale as virtually every soccer team has a bitter local rival, Birmingham and Aston vile, Sheffiled Wedenesday and Sheffield United, Watford and luton, Brightin and Crystal palace, Stoke City and port Vale (get the idea yet???)

Probably the biggest rvalries in the Premiership right now are Spurs and Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool, Man Utd and Man Citry , and the triumvirate at the top of the table Man United, Arsenal and Chelsea. As for the Super Saints against the Pompey Sc*m, well I think I am right in saying Portsmouth haven't won a competitive game against Southampton since, i think, 1987.

there mark, i corrected your post :P and SHIZNIT ON THE VILE~!

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

ncaa : Badgers vs Gerbils :D

Mount Union football vs. Division III

Tech vs Uglya

on a smaller and more recent scale, Badgers vs Michigan State...moreso in hoops but i see it spill over to football.

Badgers vs Marketplace :hockeysmiley:

Hawaii vs BYU

other rivalries

Bush vs the USA

USA vs World

England vs Argentina

Mexico vs Poverty

50 vs Ja :P

Brazil soccer vs World

football vs futbol

Spy vs Spy

Crips vs Bloods

GDs vs La Familia

Buddy Ryan vs Mike Ditka

Happy Gilmore vs Bob Barker :hockeysmiley:

East Coast Vs. West Coast

NFC Vs. AFC

NL Vs. AL

Eastern Vs. Western

The People Vs. Larry Flint

This list goes on and on and on.

Me Vs. The English Language, etc.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

One of the biggest rivalries I think you're all looking over is the Jazz-Rockets. That rivalry has been going on since the teams met in the 1985 NBA playoffs, when Utah upset the Rockets in 5. In fact the Jazz and Rockets have met 5 times in the playoffs throughout the years -- with a lot of close series. Also can't forget the fact that Houston fans probably hate Utah more than any other team in the NBA (just check out clutchcity.net)

smallchampccs.jpg

comavatar.gif

The days when a Ranger-Devil game ment something. In 1993/94 the Rangers beat the Devils 6 times in the regular season and then in the Conference Finals. Then from 1996/97 to 2000/01 the Devils were unbeaten against the Rangers in 23 straight contests. I only think the Rangers have beaten New Jersy 3 times since. That was a great rivalry and perhaps when the Rangers finaly make the playoff we may see that excitement again.

As for MLB, it is easy to say Sox-Yanks (especially when each team is fighting for a playoff), but what about Card-Cubs or Dodgers-Giants? When the division or playoff is on the line you will see two cities and teams that hate one another just as much as the Yanks-Sox.

Archived