A "wild" Winter Classic in Minnesota

SnipeandCelly24

I'm in the second season of a "Be a GM" mode in NHL 14 - and yes I do still play NHL 14, mostly because it's better than NHL 15 and NHL 16, but I digress. The Winter Classic for that season takes place at TCF Bank Stadium between the Chicago Blackhawks and the Minnesota Wild, and while the Blackhawks have a variety of old logos and uniforms they could use for this game, the Wild (established in 2001) don't have nearly as much to work with.

2015 Winter Classic jersey - Minnesota Wild.png

I based a lot of this concept off of the Minneapolis Millers jersey from 1923-1925 (http://classicmnhockey.com/products/1923-1925-minneapolis-millers-hockey-jersey) and the Vancouver Canucks 2014 Heritage Classic jersey. I thought having numbers on the jersey was really important so I moved them to the shoulders; and actually wanted to have the captain's and assistant captain's letters in a Minnesota-shaped patch on the left sleeve, but it just made the jersey seem a little too cluttered. I've been a part of this website (using various e-mails) for a long time, but this is actually the first concept I've ever posted, so I would love to hear what everyone thinks of it. :D 

On 10/19/2016 at 5:08 PM, ldconcepts said:

Jersey looks great, the reference to the Millers is even better. A couple nitpicks are the loose pixels around the equipment and the outdated WC logo.

I drew up this jersey for my "Be a GM" Mode in NHL 14, which is three years in the past (well since it's my second season I guess that I'm only two now haha) and in the game the Chicago Blackhawks and the Minnesota Wild are playing in the 2015 Winter Classic, which is why I used that patch. Can you tell me where the loose pixels in the equipment are though so I can go and fix that?

2015 Winter Classic - Minnesota Wild jersey.png2015 Winter Classic jersey - Minnesota Wild.png

I wound up finding the mistakes myself (and found out that the font I was using was super small, I apologize for that) and did my best to fix them by putting them in another image, that way the equipment wouldn't be shrunk and there wouldn't be any loose pixels. I would love to hear what anyone else thinks about this concept though.

Archived