Sportslogos in TV, movies, and more

Ark

Full House is a good example for this.

Danny Tanner wore a Giants jacket in the opening theme

jacket.png

And Joey was a Red Wings fan so he'd wear his Wings jersey every so often

screen-shot-2011-08-25-at-12-06-08-am.pn

(Also there's Michelle with a weird Bobby Orr jersey)

And then we have Snoop Dogg with his PITTSBURGH jersey from the Gin and Juice vid

pittsburgh-penguins-jersey.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was the one problem with people who watched the show. Since the Mudhens hat was similar to the Rangers, save the shade of blue, they didn't realize that the hat and jersey were from the same era and team. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 10/23/2016 at 2:22 AM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Klinger wearing the hat and jersey of the Toledo Mud Hens.

hqdefault.jpg

(In this article from this very website, Jamie Farr makes it clear that that is a 1950s Mud Hens hat, not a 1970s Texas Rangers hat.)

I always wondered about that when I was a kid.

11 hours ago, phutmasterflex said:

And an entire episode on Elaine and her Orioles cap. 

One of my favorite episodes . . . for many reasons.  That is also when we find out that she is from Towson, not Baltimore.

Other Orioles sightings . . . 

Paul Rudd in "Knocked Up" . . . which is interesting since he is a diehard Royals fan.

knockedupbaltimoreoriolesjersey.jpg

Random truck driver in "The Sure Thing" (there is also an Orioles cap sticker on a mirror in Walter Gibson's dorm room at the beginning of the movie, so something is up).

CiRbUsZXEAAB40p.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

By the way, I always find this to be an oddly fascinating topic.  In particular, I always wonder what the connection is when caps and jerseys pop up in what appears to be a random manner (ex., the two separate Orioles cap/logo sightings in "The Sure Thing").

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

A few more to add --

McLean Stevenson (Col. Henry Blake) in M*A*S*H --

l_bulletin1.jpg

Tom Cruise in "A Few Good Men" --

097862e4ea4075eb6810b92ed1c0b23c.jpg

Billy Crystal in "City Slickers" --

cityslickers23.jpg

Jack Klugman/Walter Matthau (Oscar Madison) in "The Odd Couple" --

image.JPGoscar.gif

. . . and more (discovered after thinking of and finding the pics above) . . . 

http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2016/04/03/169954242/11-fictional-characters-who-wear-baseball-caps

Jay Baruchel in "She's Out Of My League" --

Jay-Baruchel.jpg

Dana Carvey and Michael Myers in "Wayne's World" -- 

WAYNES-6.jpg

I'll stop (for) now.

29 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

Jack Klugman/Walter Matthau (Oscar Madison) in "The Odd Couple" --

image.JPGoscar.gif

Jack Klugman's Oscar most often wore a Met cap; but he sometimes wore a Yankee cap, as in this episode from the first season of the greatest show in television history.

jack-klugman-as-oscar-madison-in-the-bla

And, when Klugman and Tony Randall reunited in 1993 for an Odd Couple TV movie, Oscar was shown in promotional photos wearing a Yankee cap and jacket.

Image result for oscar madison jack klugman   Image result for oscar madison jack klugman

Meanwhile, when Demond Wilson played Oscar in The New Odd Couple, he split the difference.

Image result for oscar madison matthew perry mets

In the current version of The Odd Couple, Matthew Perry often wears Met t-shirts.

Image result for oscar madison matthew perry

Image result for oscar madison matthew perry mets

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

I don't remember the Yankee stuff.

. . .  and, yes, The Odd Couple was a great show.

EDIT -- 

I mean the Klugman/Randall version.  I have forgotten about/repressed the Ron Glass*/Demond Wilson version . . . and avoided the Matthew Perry version.

* -- Coincidentally, I stumbled across "Barney Miller" for the first time in years last night.

2 hours ago, leopard88 said:

Billy Crystal in "City Slickers" --

cityslickers23.jpg

This is such an odd sight, as Crystal is a huge Yankee fan who frequently does promotions with the club.  

Apparently, the Mets donated money to a charitable drive, so he wore the cap as a thank-you.

Archived