MLB Color Rush (Completed)

MJD7

Great job! I would never have expected you to go all-white for the Sox. Not sure how it would look in the field, but it's fun to imagine.

The other three all look solid. Good thinking to go with a white-crowned cap for Cincinnati. 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are the other two matchups for today, Cleveland/Pittsburgh and Kansas City/St. Louis!

Cleveland Indians

Cleveland Indians.png

-I went with an all red set for them, inspired by their old 70's set, but with the current logos. The cap is the block C but with a white outline and red brim to further emulate the old throwback.

Pittsburgh Pirates

Pittsburgh Pirates.png

-This is a very 70's matchup, with the Pirates going all yellow like the 'We Are Family' uniforms with the striped hat and socks.

Now here are the Royals and Cardinals!

Kansas City Royals

Kansas City Royals.png

-This is a possible preview of my redesign series.. where the trim is inspired by an ermine coat that a king would've worn. The light blue is obviously inspired by their old roads.

St. Louis Cardinals

St. Louis Cardinals.png

-Cardinal red made the most sense to me, so I took the red alternate from my tweaks series that never was and made the Color Rush out of it.

Let me know what you all think about the plethora of matchups today!

1 hour ago, BenD said:

These are all great! However I think it would make more sense to put the Indians and reds together and the pirates and tigers as those are the actual interleaugue matchups.

Thank you! I was originally going to go with that, but I didn't want to do red vs. red. I thought the 70's matchup would be a nice compromise. So do you all think I should switch Cleveland to navy instead?

Any other comments would be appreciated!

Nice work on this latest batch. I really like the added trim on the Royals.

I would say keep the Indians in red. It's more associated with them than navy.

How about adding a white version of the trim from the Cards' Sunday Alt for St. Louis?

On October 27, 2016 at 9:41 PM, coco1997 said:

Is the orange better? No, just different. It would be a greater contrast to the Yankees' navy, but the Mets look better in blue.

As a Mets fan I simultaneously agree and disagree...especially if the orange looks like that...however the pants (for non-color rush purposes) are a no go

Two matchups on the slate for today! First to wrap up the Central is Milwaukee and Minnesota!

Milwaukee Brewers

Milwaukee Brewers.png

-Had to go with the classic colors for the Brewers' Color Rush, so the navy alternate has been switched to royal and yellow, with a royal cap that has a yellow front panel. The socks are yellow.

-This might be a bit too close to Minnesota as is, so maybe an all-yellow uniform might look better paired with them..

Minnesota Twins

Minnesota Twins.png

-Had to also go with a classic look for Minnesota, throwing back to the 70's powder blues. I took the road uniform and made it light blue, inverted the colors of the numbers and wordmark, and made gold the drop shadow as a way to tie the whole uniform together.

-The cap is their normal red cap with the TC that has a gold outline, but the T is light blue instead of white to match the uniform.

The next matchup is the start of the West, Arizona and Houston!

Arizona Diamondbacks

Arizona Diamondbacks.png

-This uniform was one of the main reasons I didn't want to go completely all-out with one color. I knew I had to go with teal from the very beginning.

-It's basically their home uniform in teal, with the colors of the piping, numbers, and logos changed to accommodate. 

-The cap is the normal brick red one but with a teal logo, a subtle thing that for some reason might make this my favorite Color Rush hat.

Liftoff in 3... 2... 1...

Houston Astros

Houston Astros.png

-I knew I had to go with navy for the 'Stros, since that's my favorite jersey of theirs in my series. It really embraces the space-theme of the set.

-I think all navy would've looked good, but I made the hat and socks orange to differentiate from the Tigers a bit more.

I'd love to hear what any of you think about the matchups so far!

Good to see the Brewers back in their classic colors!

I like that you went with powder blue for the Twins, and the matching "T" on the cap is a nice touch.

The turquoise/seafoam green looks great on the D-Backs. I used almost that same exact color scheme for my Arizona Color Rush concept, though I incorporated copper. 

Keep up the great work!

Here are the matchups for today!

First is Colorado and Texas!

Colorado Rockies

Colorado Rockies.png

-Even though the last update has the miniature mountains on the sleeve, I decided to go back to the big mountain for the Color Rush since it seemed like a good one-off sort of thing.

-I emphasized purple and white for this one, minimizing black as much as possible. I think purple and white generally look great together.

Texas Rangers

Texas Rangers.png

-For now I just have pants that match the blue jersey paired with red accessories, but I'd really want to do something different with this one. Maybe the darker dusty gray that's seen in the primary?

The next matchup might possibly my favorite looking, the Freeway Series!

Los Angeles Angels

Los Angeles Angels.png

-I had to go with yellow for the Angels, red would be too boring.

-I made the halo striping white, because I felt like red halos would've been counterproductive.

Los Angeles Dodgers

Los Angeles Dodgers.png

-Kind of like the Yankees, this is just an inversion of the regular Dodgers home, with the only constant being the red number.

Comments/criticisms welcome!

Great work with this series. I love that you're not making the same mistake as the NFL and have provided them contrasting socks. Glad to see the return of a baby blue Twins jersey...and I love that red  Cleveland one. I would maybe add a blue brim to the Dodgers cap. But all in all, this has been a pretty kickas series. 

3 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

Great work with this series. I love that you're not making the same mistake as the NFL and have provided them contrasting socks. Glad to see the return of a baby blue Twins jersey...and I love that red  Cleveland one. I would maybe add a blue brim to the Dodgers cap. But all in all, this has been a pretty kickas series. 

2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

The Angels look surprisingly good in all yellow!

A couple things I don't like with this latest batch: the Rockies and Dodgers caps. It's really hard to make out the "CR" on the Rockies cap, and I think the Dodgers one needs more blue, maybe on the bill, like on this spring training hat.

Thank you both! Are these better?

Colorado Rockies.pngLos Angeles Dodgers.png

25 minutes ago, osctheg said:

cant wait to see mariners

Should be happening tomorrow!

3 minutes ago, kerlonmoura said:

Love the Brewers numbers, great work all around!

Thanks, I appreciate it!

Anyone else on any of the Color Rush unis?

6 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Much better!

Can we see a tweaked version of the Cardinals based on the suggestion I gave earlier? White trim a la your Cards Sunday Alt?

Oh woops, that was something I forgot over the weekend.

St. Louis Cardinals Sunday Alternate.png

Also, I wanted to try this out. Yay or Nay?

Texas Rangers Away.png

The Cards are a big improvement. The white trim and piping really goes a long way towards breaking up the red.

Isn't the Rangers one just a darker version of the road uniform? One problem is that the red is too dark, so there isn't enough contrast with the gray.

Last two matchups to finish off the series today!

First up are the A's and Giants!

Oakland A's

Oakland Athletics.png

-Had to go with the kelly green with the A's to harken back to the 70's. Those jerseys exemplified Color Rush.

San Francisco Giants

San Francisco Giants.png

-The only blackout of the Color Rush series, I took their black alternate but added the Giants wordmark instead. I might add the gold shadow to the hat as well.

The next (and final) matchup is the Padres and Mariners!

San Diego Padres.png

-This jersey is heavily inspired by the Padres old all-yellow uniforms, bell hat included.

Seattle Mariners

Seattle Mariners.png

-Pretty much their teal alternate, but I removed any trace of silver since it seemed to make it too bland, or dim I guess, for Color Rush. The white adds a slight brightness to it.

That's all I've got for this mini-series, I'd be curious to hear what you all think about any of the uniforms thus far!

Archived