Fanatics to make replica NHL jerseys

JGraz15

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$170 for a replica made by Fanatics (who has little to no reputation as a manufacturer) that may not look too much like the on-ice sweater. That is the most ludicrous thing I have ever heard. Anyone remember back to the early 90s when replicas were in the $60-70 range?

I don't want to pay $170 or more for a jersey that may resemble the ugly Walmart versions along with a retail store's logo on it. 

However, I'll have to wait and see the whole product and how close they are to the authentic versions. 

As someone who collects jerseys, my initial reaction to this news is this is not a good thing. 

iGLssSH.png

Just now, randyc said:

I don't want to pay $170 or more for a jersey that may resemble the ugly Walmart versions along with a retail store's logo on it. 

However, I'll have to wait and see the whole product and how close they are to the authentic versions. 

As someone who collects jerseys, my initial reaction to this news is this is not a good thing. 

I agree I think this will hurt the retail jersey side as people are looking to wear jerseys that look like the one players wear

Siginature.png.90aaa7d86f8ba1448206f0cbc8f97442.pngBahamasBowl_SIG.pngCxpIxxZ.png

The other thing I just realized is this quote, "Fanatics officials say they plan to improve the appearance of jerseys. Because the jerseys looked too bulky for fans who didn't wear pads under them, the company has created a stretch fabric that fits better."

The guy in the picture is wearing a hoodie underneath the jersey. It looks just as "baggy" as the current Reebok replicas.

iGLssSH.png

I never paid $130 for a Reebok replica or $300 for an authentic. I certainly won't be paying $170/$360 for something cranked out of the same Indonesian sweatshop with a different brand label slapped on it. Godspeed, suckers, and let's all enjoy next summer's clearance sales together.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

8 minutes ago, bowld said:

NHL jerseys are that price already. Go to NHL shop and lookup any jersey that has a name/number on it..$160-170

Now blank jerseys will be that much.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

As long as the Fanatics logo is limited to the jock tag (maybe even the back of the collar), and the replicas still look like the on-ice version, I don't think I'll care. Plus, this could translate to some great sales, next summer.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

6 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

It's a good day to be a counterfeiter.

sad but true.  i got the black Penguins (a replica one) at the rink i use to play at when it was on sell for $50 (before the cost went up on the new replica ones).  

8.jpg

so long and thanks for all the fish.

13 hours ago, randyc said:

The other thing I just realized is this quote, "Fanatics officials say they plan to improve the appearance of jerseys. Because the jerseys looked too bulky for fans who didn't wear pads under them, the company has created a stretch fabric that fits better."

The guy in the picture is wearing a hoodie underneath the jersey. It looks just as "baggy" as the current Reebok replicas.

And that's how hockey jerseys are supposed to be worn... big, loose, baggy, comfortable.

I don't need a slim fit hockey jersey, because that's not what hockey jerseys are. And, far as I can tell with my years of research and experience, hockey fans are pretty okay with that.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

3 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

And that's how hockey jerseys are supposed to be worn... big, loose, baggy, comfortable.

I don't need a slim fit hockey jersey, because that's not what hockey jerseys are. And, far as I can tell with my years of research and experience, hockey fans are pretty okay with that.

And those of us why like it smcloser for buy smaller sizes. Example, I buy large jerseys, when I'm a normal XL. No need to change the fabric for a slim fit ,

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Archived