infrared41's Best and Worst 2016 - NFL Week 7

infrared41

This was easily the worst week in the history of my lists. Thanks to Color Rush and quite a few teams messing up what should have been great match ups, we ended up with a whopping three games that warranted inclusion on either list. Let's make this quick. As always, these lists are just my opinion. Your mileage may vary.

Let's start with the games that should have looked good but didn't. Packers- Bears should have been a contender for game of the year, but Color Rush. Giants - Rams was ruined by the Rams going mono-blue. Mono-blue also ruined Colts - Titans. Mono-black was the culprit with Vikings - Eagles. Saints - Chiefs could have been good but the Saints had to wear those awful black pants. Ravens - Jets gave us a double dose with mono-green and awful black pants. Most of the other match ups weren't good or bad enough to make either list. And that leaves us with the following...

Best:

Bills - Dolphins: The sooner the Dolphins adopt the throwbacks as a full time look, the better. I would have liked this one even more had the Bills gone all white, but it still looked great. An easy winner in a 2 game race.

Dolphins%201.jpg

Dolphins%202.jpg

2. Washington - Detroit: No way this games gets the #2 slot in a normal week, but this week it's the easy choice because it's the only choice.

Lions.jpg

And that's it for the best list.

Worst:

Ravens - Jets: This game should have looked great and it should have been on the best list. It didn't and it isn't.

Jets.jpg

And that, folks, is it for this week. We'll do better next week...I hope. Thanks for taking a look.

definitely have to give the worst vote to Browns/Bengals this past week. man, that was rough. theres enough contrast in all these other matchups that you can easily read team A from team B, but the Browns/Bengals was so saturated in the "loudest" of colors, i couldn't even look. hard to distinguish those 2 teams from another on TV

1 hour ago, BrandMooreArt said:

definitely have to give the worst vote to Browns/Bengals this past week. man, that was rough. theres enough contrast in all these other matchups that you can easily read team A from team B, but the Browns/Bengals was so saturated in the "loudest" of colors, i couldn't even look. hard to distinguish those 2 teams from another on TV

I'm a Browns fan and I have to agree. It looked like a high school intersquad scrimmage. 

10 hours ago, infrared41 said:

I don't rank the games on quality of play and I liked what the Seahawks wore this week. B)

Unpopular opinion: Seahawks-Cardinals would have been on my best list. I like when teams don't share any colors. Normally, that means accepting white on both sides, but I thought the Seahawks in all gray looked great.  There was still a tiny amount of white on the Seahawks, but not much (just logos and socks, I think). I also think the Bills' blue pants were perfect for the Miami game, because I think it would have been too much white on the field otherwise.

Archived