NHL Adidas Designs

JCRGraphix

So now that I'm kind of back in the saddle for the time being, I'll share some design work with you.

As we all know, Adidas is slotted to take over uniform design for the NHL next season, so I decided to take a stab at what they'll probably do, or what I thin they should do anyways. I plan on doing all 31 teams.

Each team will have a home, road, third, and a color rush uniform, as well as some teams having a winter classic or stadium series uniform as well. Like I did in my IHL resurrection series, I'll post each team, and then post the applicable matchups.

Up first are the Detroit Red Wings:

The Home and away remain mostly unchanged with just the waist stripe being raised up on the home to match the road.

1.png2.png

The third jersey is a less over-the-top version of the Red Wings' Stadium Series uniforms from the 2015-16 Season

3.png

The Color Rush Uniform is OBVIOUSLY going to be red, but it uses a double red scheme in the style of the Wings' home and away uniforms:

4.png

And finally, the Winter Classic (all Original 6 teams get them to celebrate the NHL's centennial) is a color reversal of the Wings' 1927 uniforms that were resurrected for the 1991-92 uniform:

5.png

Up next are the Montreal Canadiens.

The home uniform is essentially their current home:

1.png

The road uniform is based on their 1944-47 uniforms with cues from their winter classic uniform to create a more unified look:

2.png

The classic Canadiens white sweater is brought back as a third uniform:

3.png

For Color Rush, a blue uniform is introduced

4.png

And finally, for the Winter Classic, the Canadiens fauxback to their 1911-12 look:

5.png

Up next is Toronto. For their home and away, I kept their current look since it's still brand new.

1.png2.png

The third jersey is based on their white 1967 uniform (the last time they won the cup) with the colors reversed:

3.png

The color rush uniform is based on their 1978-92 uniforms:

4.png

And finally, their winter classic uniform is based on their 1930-34 uniforms with the hollow numbers:

5.png

Up next are the Boston Bruins. For their look I combined a few of their looks into one identity. The current logo is used with their original on the 1980s and 90s template with a black yoke added to the road uniform to represent the current look. The third takes cues from the original 1924-25 uniform, the 1955-67 gold uniform and the 1940-44 gold uniform. The iconic gold socks are used with all three of these. Finally we finish off the package with the all-brown color rush uniform based on their original 1924-25 uniform, and their Winter Classic Uniform based on their 1934-36 uniforms.

1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png

Thanks for the comments folks. It is extremely useful to get instant feedback here.

Up next are the New York Rangers. For the Rangers, I kept their timeless home uniform the same while changing the road uniform to read New York like it did from 1978-87. I also changed the collar back to the red and white one from 1978-99. The third is based on their uniforms from the 1946-47 season. The color rush uniforms were based on the lady liberty uniforms of the late 1990s and early 2000s and were so popular with fans that they stayed on almost replacing the thirds. The Winter Classic uniform is a fauxback white version of the 1946-47 uniforms.

These are gorgeous! Can't wait to see St. Louis. 

The only uniform I dislike is the lady liberty Rangers jersey and it's only because the face is blue. Looks like she drowned :(

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

6 hours ago, mee said:

Why is there pink on the liberty jersey?

I think you're seeing the clash of the red on blue. With that color it can pick up a pink hue on the computer.

Next up we have the Chicago Blackhawks. They stay mostly the same but with the C logo repositioned to where they were in the 1950s. The popular black uniform returns as the third, and is also the basis for the color rush uniform. The winter classic uniform based on their 1927-28 duds. Finally, we have their matchup...

1.png2.png3.png4.png5.pngwc.png

Up next we have the Buffalo Sabres. For the Sabres, I went back to their iconic uniforms they wore from the 1970s through the 1990s with a few minor touches here and there. For the third, I wanted to combine the Buffaslug and Turdburger to make a yellow alternate that doesn't suck. The color rush uniform is based on their home and away, and the Stadium Series uniform is something a little different.

Also, we have our first color rush matchup:

cr.png

Archived