St. Louis Blues Arena New Name

Caleb Woods

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Thaumatrope said:

So apparently there will now be two "TD" arenas in the NHL.

The TD BankNorth Garden in Boston, and now the TD Ameritrade Arena in St. Louis.

I believe the Boston arena is just TD Garden, and technically TD Bank and TD Ameritrade are separate companies.

TD Ameritrade Center sounds better than Scottrade Center...

Also didn't Buffalo just change their arena name, or is that somewhere else???

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

5 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

TD Ameritrade Center sounds better than Scottrade Center...

Actually, think about it, Scottrade Center sounds better than TD Ameritrade Center. I'm just keep on calling it by Scottrade

3 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

I believe the Boston arena is just TD Garden, and technically TD Bank and TD Ameritrade are separate companies.

It is just the TD Garden, and you'd be hard pressed to find someone in Greater Boston who refers to it as anything but "The Garden"

4 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

Yes, it was Buffalo who has now changed the name of the arena for around the 3rd or 4th time since it first opened  20 years ago. At least the Bills stadium was known as 'Rich Stadium' for 25 years which was the length of the naming rights contract between Ralph Wilson and Bob Rich of Rich dairy products that was made in 1973..

No more 'First Niagara Center' ... KeyCorp acquired Niagara Financial Group.

The Sabres home is now known as 'KeyBank Center' ... It's ridiculous trying to keep up with all these name changes for all these sports venues nationwide.  I miss the good old days when the Sabres played at their old arena which was simply known as the 'AUD', derived from the Buffalo Memorial Auditorium..

I remember in the pre-greed days of sport listening to the legendary Dan Kelly say "Welcome, we're at the 'ARENA' in St Louis".  Such a basic name, yet it had it's own identity and we all knew it was in St Louis.  I wish they had kept that name, but ..... $$$$$  money talks more and more these days. Nowadays when you hear the name of the venue, half the time one has no idea what city the venue is tied to..

6 hours ago, Caleb Woods said:

Actually, think about it, Scottrade Center sounds better than TD Ameritrade Center. I'm just keep on calling it by Scottrade

2 hours ago, Josh.0 said:

I'm calling it the Kiel Center. 

Agreed, it'll always be the Kiel Center. Hell they still have parking signs that say Kiel Center parking and I'm pretty sure there are still signs on the amtrak trains. It's a shame it's changed it's name so many times.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Checkerdome!!!

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On 10/27/2016 at 1:10 PM, Walter Sobchak said:

Next year in the NFL there will be Mercedes-Benz Superdome and Mercedes-Benz Stadium. 

Not just both in the NFL, they'll be in the same division, which is impressive considering NFL divisions are only 4 teams.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

On 10/27/2016 at 10:25 AM, Caleb Woods said:

Actually they are the same ARE the same company, TD Ameritade is the American Version of TD.

Not quite. Toronto Dominion's retail banking operations in the States are branded as TD Bank. Toronto Dominion owns about 45 percent of TD Ameritrade, which is an online brokerage firm.

Archived