Discrim

A couple years ago, I decided to take a stab at the NY-Penn League's Connecticut Tigers after they introduced mascot logos that looked like they'd come out of a 30s Mickey Mouse cartoon (and I say that in a good way).  The road jersey in that concept was basically the Sparky Anderson-era grays, but with CONNECTICUT instead of DETROIT on the front.  A few years removed, and I've decided I wanted to see what the big leaguers would look like in a similar set.  First, the home and away...

detroittigersmain1.png

Like I'd done with the CT Tigers, the home whites are tweaked more than anything: orange trim is added to the D and lettering, and the tiger head appears as a left sleeve patch.  Orange trim is also added to the cap D.  The grays take their cues from the 80s, with orange-white-navy cuffs and pants striping, and eliminating the white outlines and front number.  The socks also now have orange stripes.

detroittigersalt1.png

There is a home alternate, basically a white version of the grays, the chief difference being the Tigers script instead of Detroit.  For the hell of it, I included a slightly toned down version of the CT set's striped alternate-most of the jersey stripes blend in, with only two remaining navy, fewer stripes on the cap, and the pants are still navy, but with more normal looking striping that wouldn't be pooh-poohed as something more befitting the Astros.

But wait, there's more!  In the next post, a second variant!

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Version 2: Homes are the same as in version 1, the grays use a different Detroit script.

detroittigersmain2.png

Alternates v2: Home alt uses a different Tigers script, and also replaces the tiger head with the English D.  Striped alt is replaced by navy road alt with Detroit script...though in hindsight, I might float an orange version later, given the old orange BP jerseys inspired me to make the CT set, of which these are largely a recycling.

detroittigersalt2.png

2016cubscreamsig.png

13 hours ago, Tygers09 said:

Anyone else think the Tigers should go with gray away uniforms that have the Old English D on the left chest just like the home ones?

Maybe they should give that a shot...for the hell of it, a while back I did some pondering and realized there are generally two groups of MLB teams whose home and away uniforms tend to mismatch in some way: those who wear pinstripes at home (how their roads look is pretty diverse, at least by baseball standards), and those who wear a left chest emblem (some use cursive scripts, others use letter scripts, and some have a front number on one jersey but not the other).  There are exceptions, like the Red Sox, Twins, Giants, Indians, and technically the Dodgers (though they barely wear their Los Angeles grays anymore)

2016cubscreamsig.png

Yes finally someone else thought of orange jerseys for the Tigers! Personally  I think people in general totally forget that orange is included in their team colors.  Love all the versions of the orange jerseys you posted.

Archived