Greatest Game 7 that you've ever seen

Gary

1 hour ago, masterchaoss said:

Cavs-Warriors 2016 or Lakers-Celtics in 2010.

I'm assuming this is for the result, right? The game itself wasn't very good. It took some late FTs from Sasha Vujacic to seal the game. Plus Kobe went 6 of 24 in one of the purest (but not greatest) Kobe games of all time.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

23 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

I'm assuming this is for the result, right? The game itself wasn't very good. It took some late FTs from Sasha Vujacic to seal the game. Plus Kobe went 6 of 24 in one of the purest (but not greatest) Kobe games of all time.

Yeah the result and the teams involved. As Lakers fan beating the Celtics in a game 7 no matter how ugly is huge especially after the 2008 finals beating. I honestly think the only greater sports moments for me will be when the Dodgers finally win the world series in my lifetime and the US winning the world cup. 

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

I'm not even a baseball fan, but with the stakes raised to unprecedented levels, it's Cubs/Indians 2016 World Series. 

Honorable mention goes to the 2004 ALCS.  Bitter rivals. The overachieving, mega-rich, then 26x World Champions versus the lovable, losing "idiots" underdogs. You never lose a series in baseball after going up 3-0, right? 

Never say never. 

I love games that defy expectations and preconceived notions. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

No, I think you could make an argument the two we’ve seen this year are the best in their respective sports’ histories.

Maybe I’d lean ’91 when it comes to baseball — there’s just something so pure about a 1-0, extra-inning game — and ’01 is my first real sports memory, but damn, I’d be lying if it wasn’t fun to be a part of this year.

EDIT: While we’re talking about 2001, I’d give my left nut for the Diamondbacks to be back in those gorgeous jerseys.

6fQjS3M.png

My favorite Game 7's:

2013 Red Wings/Blackhawks

2014 Kings/Blackhawks

2016 Blackhawks/Blues

2001 Yankees/D-Backs

2003 ALCS

2014 Warriors/Clippers (Sneaky forgotten game 7)

1994 Devils/Rangers

2010 Flyers/Bruins

2011 Red Wings/Sharks

Haven't watched that many Game 7s...the 2001 Avs-Devils Stanley Cup final ranked as my favorite until tonight...and about a week before that, my least favorite Game 7, when the Bucks were defeated by the Sixers the refs.  Given that by the same time in 02, the Bucks had basically been destroyed from within to the point that I have more confidence in them moving someday than in their chances of ever sniffing that gold ball, I'm still bitter about that one.

Man, though... :censored:...all I can do tonight is laugh.  This is gonna take a while to get used to...like, holy crap the Cubs are champs. :blink::winner:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

10 hours ago, DG_Now said:

A Giants fan saying this is hilarious.

Before 2001 I was a Yankees and baseball fan. After that -- and their subsequent signing of Jason Giambi -- I realized the game was rigged beyond repair. That they didn't win with Giambi was immaterial; they lost via slingshot and got a bazooka in response. I was actively rooting against them in 2003. By 2009, I basically stopped watching altogether. The 2001 run just crystallized the bad economics of MLB. If they've improved since then I don't know.

I used to rail against the economics of MLB, that it wasn't a level playing field, but after seeing what salary caps have done to other sports, and then seeing the Kansas City God Damn Royals of all places and teams make two World Series and win one has forced me to completely flip flop my stance. I would absolutely hate it if baseball adopted a structured salary cap. You can be a smart big money team, a smart small money team, a dumb big money team, and a dumb small money team, and how you play your chess pieces is more important than how fancy the chess pieces are. The Yankees have turned into a dumb big money team and haven't played a playoff series in 4 years, they've missed the postseason outright in 3 of the last 4. That's the same as the Cincinnati Reds in that span. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Best Game 7's in my memory (~93 - Present Day)

- 2016 World Series. That's one of the best games I've ever seen in any sport. Give the stakes, the Cubs leading off with a home run, the Indians clawing back, old David Ross hitting a home run in his last game, Maddon going to the Chapman well too many times, the Davis home run is one of the best ever, the rain delay to sit and process what had just happened, and the ass clenching bottom of the 10th in which the winning run was one crack of the bat away. I never knew who I wanted to win, I was cheering runs on both sides, and even with no rooting interest I was glued. It was theater. 

- 2016 NBA Finals just so intense start to finish. The last 5 minutes were an incredible display. 

- 2013 Maple Leafs-Bruins first round. Hard to put a first round in here except when one team blows a 4-1 lead in the last half of the last period. 

- 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs had like 5 or 6 really good Game 7's. Two that stand out though were the 1-0 ECF Boston over Tampa and the Sharks-Red Wings in which the setup was the Sharks had lost 3 straight after getting up 3 games to none and the two teams played one of the most intense games I've ever seen. 

- 2010 SCP Philadelphia-Boston. Flyers were down 3 games to none in the series, fought all the way back, and then found themselves trailing game 7 3-0 right off the jump. They fought all the way back and won 4-3. I liked it for the improbability of the comeback score perfectly mirroring the series score. 

- 2006 NLCS Mets-Cardinals aka The Game That Nearly Killed Tank. 

- 2003 ALCS

- 2001 World Series

- 2001 Stanley Cup Finals just for Ray Bourque. The actual game wasn't that good. 

- 1997 World Series

If a Stanley Cup final game 7 ever goes to overtime, I hope my team isn't involved because I would die. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Last night's Game 7? Haha, it's most certainly way, way, way up there. Probably #2 on my list, behind...

Game 7 of the 2003 ALCS. Of course, I'm as biased as anyone can be. But the Yankees' late-inning comeback, the game-tying Posada double that shook the Stadium, the 3 spectacular innings of relief by Rivera, and of course, Aaron Boone's home run, all with the backdrop of a white-hot rivalry at its absolute peak, combined to make it one of the greatest baseball games ever played. It's probably my favorite sports memory - the only other contender would be when the Yankees clinched the 2009 World Series (as the first Yankees' title I experienced as an adult).

The 2001 World Series (much more painful for me), 2016 NBA Finals, and 1997 World Series would be the other notable ones for me. I was just slightly too young to appreciate or remember the 1994 Stanley Cup Finals (I remember people celebrating the Rangers' win, but didn't actually see any of the game).

It's not as "cool" anymore, but somewhere I have a copy of the 1994 Game 7 on VHS (taped off of ESPN?). It's been a while since I watched it, but I do remember Craig MacTavish skating around without a helmet; it's past meeting future. On the other hand, it features one of the greatest trophy ceremony moments in sports:

Mark-Messier-New-York-Rangers.jpeg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

15 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

I'm pretty young, so I haven't seen a whole lot of game 7s, but I do have a few...

3. After watching the Wild lose, the way they did in game 6 in Semifinals, of the 2014 Stanley Cup playoffs I hated the Blackhawks a little more than usual...  (like 101% compared to 100%) So it was nice to see the Hawks lose in the next round to the Kings... Drew Doughty's reaction to the goal and falling off the bench right after was pretty funny too...

The 2016 World series. All I really wanted was a good game. Hopefully the Cubs can win it, and I can see a modern sports miracle, but at the very least, a good game. And that's what I got...

2. The Hawks-Blues game from the first round in the 2016 Stanley Cup playoffs, was also a lot of fun to watch. From the Hawks multiple posts, to a pretty crappy game winner for St. Louis, a super fast paced game, and a beautiful uniform match-up, (Not as good as St. Louis @ Chicago, though) it was just tons of fun to watch!

1. And of course, my number one is in the first round of the 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs. The Minnesota Wild vs. The Colorado Avalanche. The whole series was crazy, and had huge ups and downs... The Wild losing games 1 and 5 in some questionable goaltender-pulling and questionable reffing. And then the amazing victory in OT with Granlund's winner, and the late game 6 tip in by Parise which eventually stood as the game winner. (Roy then pulled Varlamov pretty much instantly, even though there was a few minutes left. The Wild scored TWO empty-net goals, having Roy's plan backfire on him. :D) The whole series was built up to a crazy game seven, where the Wild and Avs exchanged goals until it was 4-4. After each Avs goals, it felt like it was for sure, the end of the season for Minnesota... But somehow we tied it up 4 different times. Spurges's goal with two minutes left was a great play to tie it at 4. Then Nino's PING in OT sealed the deal. Every time I hear about that game, or see a video of it, I can just hear the "PING" "SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRESS!!!!" It was just wonderful! 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Archived