Unknown Buffalo Bills Logo?

ticonderogati

I stumbled upon what I think looks to be part of the 2002 Bills redesigned logo suite. We've seen the blue and khaki hats with the proposed logo, but this logo is completely new to me! The hat is only badged with the New Era Flag and in the back, it has the number 74. 

My questions:

1) Has anyone seen this logo before?

2) Has anyone seen a full rebrand suite for the 2002 redesign of the Buffalo Bills? Or just the main primary logo?

Thanks!

Ti

logo.png

I'd say it's a prototype secondary based another prototype logo that's floated around since the WLAF uniforms came out. The one with just the Buffalo head. Reminds me of the early 90's team monogram logos that came out prior to 1993 I believe.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

It looks like it would have come from the 2002 redesign. The B is only resized to look more like a B on the cap, yet it's similar to the B in the unused logo. The color of the cap is very similar as well to the caps with the unused logo; not as big of a reason but still there. 

It wouldn't match anything the Buffalo Bison were wearing, unless they were planning a redesign behind closed doors. 

2 minutes ago, VegasBound said:

Is it a miss? At this point and after a little looking I can confirm nor disprove either Bills or Bisons.

It definitely has no connection to the bisons. It does however has design elements that are similar to the 02 bills redesign that was ultimately not used

Hi Everyone, 

Thanks for weighing in on this! I'm glad I'm not the only one who is stumped. @dont care Thank you for posting the 2002 redesign for context and @KittSmith_95 I agree, I like this logo as well! 

I found this hat on ebay of all places, and the seller did not have any information as to where the cap or logo is from. I've never seen this or anything like it before and I figured it was worth the relatively low price. Worst case scenario, I might try to get a handle of the Bills social media team to see if they can share any other info on the 2002 redesign and the other prototype logos. 

The search continues!

Thanks everyone, 

Ti

Just now, ticonderogati said:

Hi Everyone, 

Thanks for weighing in on this! I'm glad I'm not the only one who is stumped. @dont care Thank you for posting the 2002 redesign for context and @KittSmith_95 I agree, I like this logo as well! 

I found this hat on ebay of all places, and the seller did not have any information as to where the cap or logo is from. I've never seen this or anything like it before and I figured it was worth the relatively low price. Worst case scenario, I might try to get a handle of the Bills social media team to see if they can share any other info on the 2002 redesign and the other prototype logos. 

The search continues!

Thanks everyone, 

Ti

Might want to contact the seller as well, and see if he has any information on the cap. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

From the seller:

I'm sorry I bought this hat secondhand. The details are in my description and the pictures that I took. I'm not a football fan but I did ask a couple people and they were not certain either. That is why I put a ? after Buffalo Bills hoping that fans would know. Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Peace.

I'm really hoping for something related to 2002!

Archived