NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

4 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

That swoosh is astronomically huge. I hope that's just a prototype and that the real finished product scales it down.

Nike already has a good scale set for the swoosh on college basketball uniforms, why not just run with that from the get-go? This is a perfectly acceptable size:

IMG_5304.JPG

That would be perfect, I dont understand why the shorts need the logo as well...

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, JerseyJosh said:

I bet for sales purposes. If someone wants to buy just the shorts - you better believe the Nike logo is going to be on it.

For merchandise, sure, they can slap the logo across my whole ass for all I care but on the professional uniforms... Is it reeeeally necessary... c'mon man.

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

With the Nike logo that big, and ads that size...how will the anniversary and Finals patches fit on the jersey? Below the ad maybe?

That is why Nike showed us the Philly jersey first, so no one would worry about that, ever! 

3 minutes ago, Thomas said:

wife beater cut? Nike dipping into the MLB and NFL marked now?

Not sure if you're just making a joke at the low hanging fruit or not but I'll post a literal response anyway. lol.

wife beater:

m2S7SCJo6YCA8ZqlGW0ckzg.jpg

New nike/jordan template in college:

marquette-basketball-jerseys-2016-jordan

I was only joking :D

I actually have two jerseys in that new Nike cut, 2 authentic Team USA Olympic 2016 jerseys. one white Durant and a Blue Irving. Impossible to wear even with a t shirt underneath, looks silly.   $200 for 50 grams of garment :rolleyes: Only an idiot would buy them.

1 hour ago, KGeeX5 said:

For merchandise, sure, they can slap the logo across my whole ass for all I care but on the professional uniforms... Is it reeeeally necessary... c'mon man.

Oh, it's definitely swoosh overkill - and I hear you and don't disagree with you but I get why they're going to do it and I don't really blame them tbh.

Extra free adverti$ing

$woosh

Capitali$m

However, with league-wide jersey ads coming and a handful of teams changing uniforms - the unnecessary $woosh is going the least of our concerns imo. This thread is going to light up over the next 6-8 months.

I have a good feeling that we won't be seeing sleeves anymore.  I'm sure if Nike had their own version or something similar we would have already seen it at the college level, but there have been no signs.  In fact, Nike seems to be getting as anti sleeve as you can get with the wife beater template.

4 hours ago, Thomas said:

Yes, thank God both hockey and baseball are not only better sports but also have the better uniforms.

True dat in the MLB and the nhl are the leagues with uniforms that I have the least amount of problems with

6 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

tumblr_o0c9a2aFKI1rmr774o5_250.gif

this scene is the way how most of us feel now reality setting in of uniform ads. 

If you'd told me I'd see this GIF on November 7, 2016, I would not have guessed that it would be in reference to ads on sports uniforms.

On 11/12/2016 at 0:50 AM, Jack Holmes said:

If ads on NBA jerseys don't affect sales too much, I'd wager the NHL will follow suit in a few years. 

If I'm not mistaken, only jerseys sold at the teams' pro shops MIGHT have sponsor patches, at the teams' discretion. Jerseys sold elsewhere won't have them. (Can somebody confirm or deny if I'm remembering that right?)

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

On 11/11/2016 at 11:50 PM, Jack Holmes said:

If ads on NBA jerseys don't affect sales too much, I'd wager the NHL will follow suit in a few years. 

The NBA probably gets to act as a test for the other leagues.  Any backlash (merchandise sales dip is most likely one that I can think of) may scare them off.  But if it goes how it's going to go, most fans won't worry about it, they'll buy the jerseys with and/or without the corporate sponsors, the NHL will follow suit, and eventually the NFL and MLB will as well.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

6 hours ago, stumpygremlin said:

If I'm not mistaken, only jerseys sold at the teams' pro shops MIGHT have sponsor patches, at the teams' discretion. Jerseys sold elsewhere won't have them. (Can somebody confirm or deny if I'm remembering that right?)

You are correct.

Archived