NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

12 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

That's what it is...the gray/white beveling reminds me of the Florida Firefrogs (2017 MiLB).

They just need some promotions like "Dress Up Like a Cactus Night" or maybe a re-hash of the Fresno Grizzlies "Price is Right Night", where they can dress like a cactus, or giant Plinko boards. 

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CLEstones said:

No more sunburst, though.  So, not sure how much of an upgrade it can possibly be...

The half-assed attempt at a "sunburst" was arguably the worst part of their current uniforms - either that or the butt stripes. If they're unwilling to do it right, then they're better off not doing it at all.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

On 7/2/2017 at 3:17 AM, colortv said:

Still the best Rockets logo in my opinion

Houston-Rockets-Logo-Vector-758x758.jpg

Modernized with a less cartoony/more realism look would get an approval from me(especially with the same court concept having the rocket launch at center court but obviously more realistic). It would also help keep the city brand closely resembled with the Texans and not too far from the Astros brand or even Dynamo as blue would be the predominant color and we are a blue collar city. A dark blue also makes sense for putting stars and space related things into the brand(still don't count out black since it kind of at least makes sense for a space themed team).  

I've been adamant about only wanting the red and yellow classic look for a rebrand, but i've given in and realize there are so many teens and early to mid 20's people who just don't recognize that as the Houston Rockets at all even though it was the Rockets look for 25 years of their existence and back to back championship glory.  

Leslie Alexander bought the team and immediately wanted to change the brand to make it his own.   Apparently the Rockets asked for a re-brand before they won the championship in 1994 and by the time they won, Les tried to keep it, but the NBA didn't allow it.  Anyway, that's what i've read somewhere.
BUT, he's had so long to go back to that look and we never wear retro uniforms and barely had 2 hideous alternates that were red and yellow since 1995.  I don't think Les likes the color scheme and never did.  
That's why i accept a red and blue modernized version of the late 90s with a red and yellow alternate being worn here and there.  I lived the days of Clutch City, but those days are long gone.  It's time to make new history for these younger fans out there and the current brand has been 15 years of disappointment/heart break/underachievement.   Were long overdue for a complete rebrand. 

6 hours ago, Maximus89 said:

I've been adamant about only wanting the red and yellow classic look for a rebrand, but i've given in and realize there are so many teens and early to mid 20's people who just don't recognize that as the Houston Rockets at all even though it was the Rockets look for 25 years of their existence and back to back championship glory. 

Thank you. It's been long due NBA-wide.

With that being said, the jersey changes they've been doing now (the addition and basically switching to that black and grey sets) have been awful. I've said it before and I'll say ot again - stay to that original Yao/T-Mac brand, it has been one of the most iconic looks in the league with a correspondingly simple, smart and iconic logo.

Archived