NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

2 hours ago, spockEars7 said:

Seeing the Swoosh on a classic like this, with all it's history, just doesn't feel right. I didn't really mind it on the other jerseys that have been revealed.

If the Swoosh (or Jumpman) logo should be on any uniform, it should be the Bulls.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never realized how the Verizon Center(re) resembles the Saddledome.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Never realized how the Verizon Center(re) resembles the Saddledome.

2 minutes ago, insert name said:

This isn't the Verizon Center. 

No, it's the Capital Centre, in Landover, MD -- the previous home of the Bullets and Capitals.  

47 minutes ago, keynote said:

If true, I wonder if Capital One (a company based in Northern Virginia) will also be the jersey sponsor.  At least the logo colors would match the unis.

Edit:  separate confirmation from the local sports radio station:

Assuming Pringles never sponsored that building...that was a huge missed opportunity. 

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Yeah, the four stars are really uneccesary on the waistband. The stars are so small that they make the band stripes look too abruptly cut off for no reason. 

Yet another odd change for the sake of it.

THIS. It's ridiculous that the "belt buckle" has to be a rectangular patch of some sort. They could've just put 4 stars right there in between the stripes so it wouldn't look cut off.

33 minutes ago, shaydre1019 said:

Assuming Pringles never sponsored that building...that was a huge missed opportunity. 

Saddledome is kind of the same shape though, right?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

40 minutes ago, keynote said:

No, it's the Capital Centre, in Landover, MD -- the previous home of the Bullets and Capitals.  

Bingo...Capital Centre...Capital One Center...the tweet is trying to make a connection.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, Conrad. said:

I think it would look better if the white patch with red stars was on the waistband of the red shorts, and the red patch with white stars on the white shorts. Keeps the abrupt stop of the waist stripes from being quite as noticeable and annoying.

Pretty sure we've already seen the Suns new set.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

THe bulls black NOB on the white jersey is flat out dumb, and an example of changing something to make it just different enough that people will need to buy it. 

My "rule" is that if the NOB is 1 color and the numbers are 2, then the NOB should be the same as the outline of the numbers.  While that's the case here, they've always had red NOB on the white, with or without serifs or an outline.  It might be inconsistent, but red would have been better.  THe black stands out too much and gives off a Heat vibe.

14 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Sort of random, but I wonder if Memphis can do split numbers again now that the number material is different.

Numbers looks like perforated so I think they kept current numbers.

4r2eer.png

I remember the color at home, white on the road discussion coming up in a thread a few years back. One point was made that completely sold me on white remaining the home standard. And forgive me if it's already been mentioned in this thread. But if color is worn at home, you will always watch your team play vs a white team. For example, a Celtics game would always be green vs white. But when white is worn at home, you get to see a different color matchup for every team that comes to town. 

Granted, if the NBA is going for soccer-like color vs color vibe, it's a little different. But I have a feeling the white uniforms won't simply turn into a last resort clash set. 

48 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

THe bulls black NOB on the white jersey is flat out dumb, and an example of changing something to make it just different enough that people will need to buy it. 

My "rule" is that if the NOB is 1 color and the numbers are 2, then the NOB should be the same as the outline of the numbers.  While that's the case here, they've always had red NOB on the white, with or without serifs or an outline.  It might be inconsistent, but red would have been better.  THe black stands out too much and gives off a Heat vibe.

I don't know, I think the change is so minor that most fans will not notice. And the uniforms are still very clearly the Bulls, nothing like the Heat.

I think that the random addition of the 4-star flag motif of the shorts waist is far more offensive in chicago's update. It seems really out of place.

17 minutes ago, 14er said:

I remember the color at home, white on the road discussion coming up in a thread a few years back. One point was made that completely sold me on white remaining the home standard. And forgive me if it's already been mentioned in this thread. But if color is worn at home, you will always watch your team play vs a white team. For example, a Celtics game would always be green vs white. But when white is worn at home, you get to see a different color matchup for every team that comes to town. 

Granted, if the NBA is going for soccer-like color vs color vibe, it's a little different. But I have a feeling the white uniforms won't simply turn into a last resort clash set. 

I don't think the Bulls will be the only team with the color at home jersey and it seems like the NBA is encouraging color-vs-color, so I think you're going to continue seeing a lot of unique matchups. it wont be as simple as "if my team wears a color at home, you see a red vs white matchup every time" type of thing. The Bulls will primarily wear red at home lets say, but unless a team wears red on the road, you will see red vs black if the spurs come to town, red vs green if the celtics come to town, red vs blue if the warriors come to town, etc. Plus i bet a bunch of these teams will choose to wear their alternates or throwbacks at home, as well.

the "association and icon", or whatever it's called, thing that nike is pushing, I just read that as: the league is shifting away from the white at home paradigm, things will get crazier, players will be allowed to choose what they wear, one-off alternates, etc. the league will continue to move towards what nike is doing with college football. brands will be more fluid, and just like college football, it'll be harder to tell by a quick glance at the screen which team is wearing which color and which team is at home.

Archived