NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

5 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Meh, it's alright. Would like it better if it just wasn't an already-existing font: http://www.dafont.com/chinese-rocks.font

Could they not be bothered to create something customized for an organization that makes millions of dollars in revenue? :mellow:

will not be the chinese rocks font on the jersey. I just used it as a place holder. All i know is it will just say "NORTH" on the front, and will be on a black template. My guess is the "We The Letters" font. 

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, the_Raptors_king said:

will not be the chinese rocks font on the jersey. I just used it as a place holder. All i know is it will just say "NORTH" on the front, and will be on a black template. My guess is the "We The Letters" font. 

Do you have any informations about their 3rd uniforms? "OVO" or something new?

4r2eer.png

6 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Do you have any informations about their 3rd uniforms? "OVO" or something new?

I am fairly sure that the 3 uniforms are very similar to what we have now, following what we had last season, Home (White and Red), Road (Red and Black), and the 3rd Jersey (Black and Red). This uniform that says NORTH would be the 4th Uni

I'm not sure why the new practice jerseys in NBA 2K18 have nicknames. Maybe it's just an in-game thing?

EDIT: It is an in-game thing. I ran a regular scrimmage in 2KU and the names were normal, but in MyCareer it shows Nicknames when you do a workout with the team.

ae3bd1c8-ac2d-4d88-bd60-f70c9ad9b306.png

bSLCtu2.png

On 9/8/2017 at 9:46 AM, Conrad. said:

Meh, it's alright. Would like it better if it just wasn't an already-existing font: http://www.dafont.com/chinese-rocks.font

Could they not be bothered to create something customized for an organization that makes millions of dollars in revenue? :mellow:

If something exists that fits the direction, it doesn't matter or make any difference whether something's customized or not.

On 9/7/2017 at 11:25 PM, Quillz said:

This... is so, so awful. So "North" is now a nickname for Toronto? Really? Will the Warriors get a "Hella" jersey? Maybe the Nuggets can get a "303" jersey.

I normally don't have issues with alternate jerseys, but stuff like this is going too far.

Maybe a Sixers "The Process" jersey ?

NYCdog.png

Well

1 minute ago, BrianLion said:

of all the tech companies in and around Silicon Valley, the Warriors get a sponsorship from a Japanese e-commerce company? 

Well, they probably offered more money than any of the companies in Silicon Valley ??‍♂️

3 hours ago, BrianLion said:

of all the tech companies in and around Silicon Valley, the Warriors get a sponsorship from a Japanese e-commerce company? 

i had to look up what Rakuten even was. I suppose its money well spent as I now know they exist when I didn't before. So THEYRE the ones responsible for all those crappy ebates ads i get at the end of online purchases.

4 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

i had to look up what Rakuten even was. I suppose its money well spent as I now know they exist when I didn't before.

You know, I think a lot of people feel this way, and I think that's why these ads are a really smart way to advertise. 

We are constantly bombarded with ads everywhere, but I find myself taking particular interest in these NBA jersey ad patches.  Maybe it's because it's the first year they are doing it, or maybe it's something I will do every year.  But these ads on jerseys are now basically a part of the jersey's design.  Meaning, to jersey nerds like us, since we want to understand every single last detail of a jersey's design, we will also want to read into the ad on the jersey.

I've only seen a handful of the jerseys with the ads so far, but for any of them for which I did not recognize the sponsor, I immediately googled information about the sponsor and read a lot about what they were about.  IIRC I think the Jazz had a jersey patch sponsor I had never heard of, and so I ended up googling information about the sponsor and learning a lot about them.  I almost NEVER actually take the time to google a company I have never heard of featured in an ad (even ads I see in the background of sporting events, etc.), but the ad actually being ON the jersey takes things to a new level with me as I feel that if I do not know anything about the sponsor, then I have not fully analyzed the jersey.

Archived