NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

24 minutes ago, Teal said:

I wonder if there will be hoodies etc based on the city designs?

The link I provided has Nike City edition hoodies and shirts for most of the teams, as well as the New Era caps that we saw a couple weeks ago.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll just never understand why the Celtics didn't make their jersey color the color of the parquet. It would better honor and represent the parquet floor, and it would also bring back the gold/green St. Patrick's Day uniform that everyone on this board and every Celtics fan wants. It makes so much sense, yet they didn't do it. I've almost convinced myself that the league wouldn't allow jerseys to be the same color as the hardwood.

Just adding an example of what I meant...

rr6nt5.jpg

41 minutes ago, TheFallenHaveRisen said:

Yeah...so this is where "CITY" becomes synonymous with "MALL AIRBRUSH ARTIST." I don't know about this.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

18 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

Screen_Shot_2016-04-08_at_12.46.08_PM.0.

Maybe next year 

Don't give Nike any ideas ... can you imagine if they embraced the "What Could Have Been" jerseys at plague MiLB?

Charlotte Spirit

Boston Unicorns

Cleveland Presidents

Miami Beaches

Milwaukee Skunks

Minnesota Polars

Orlando Juice

Oklahoma City Twisters

San Antonio Aztecs

Toronto Freeze

Washington Sea Dogs

All so horrible that the NBA and Nike would probably do it.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

The Celtics just need to leave the parquet pattern on the floor where it belongs and make their City edition the original St. Pats Day uniforms:

bos-11-alt-davidbutlerii-hor-3-9-12-por-

And then if Nike’s insists on changing the City editions every year, go with something based on the old warmups:N08385-292-lr-1.jpg

320_1981_Boston_Celtics_Road_Larry_Bird_

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

25 minutes ago, Froob said:

Damn...that’s perfect. Why Nike, why?

You realize the Celtics very likely could’ve been the ones who decided on the gray base color, and not Nike? I love how so many people just assume that the manufacturer is solely responsible for every creative decision when in reality that’s often not the case at all. Now that’s not to say that Nike wasn’t in charge on some, or even most of these City edition uniforms, but I wouldn’t just assume that without actually knowing it. More often than not it’s a collaborative process between the teams and the manufacturer (in this case, Nike), but in some cases creative decisions are decided on in-house or through a collaborative process with the team, the manufacturer, and an outside firm (like RARE Design).

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, TheFallenHaveRisen said:

This (and a t-shirt like it) were available for sale last year...it's not part of the Nike City collection. It's Fanatics' "Hometown Collection", which they do for all four leagues.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived