NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this is how the back of every NIKE NBA jersey will look like, I will be very disappointed. Good on them for trying to be different, but this is too much. When I first saw these, I initially thought the jersey was not fully loading. Nope it's NIKE makin' radical moves.

fmCfoBp.png

I'd also like to share y'all other pics I snapped from the Sacramento Kings' official app.

4 hours ago, Satomiblood said:

I may be in the minority here, but does anyone feel that the 1994-95 season was among the best for uniforms league wide? I see a lot of posters wishing teams would return to a particular jersey and most, if not all, of those uniforms were in use during that season.  With the exception of the Cavs, I think the other 26 teams had looks that ranged from satisfactory to excellent.

Sixers, Bucks, Cavs, Clippers, Hawks, Nets, Nuggets, and Bullets were all pretty bad, though i suppose all acceptable except the Sixers.  

If the Sixers, Bucks, Hawks, Nuggets and Bullets/Wizards still had their 80's looks for that season, and Cavs+Nets in their 70's look, it would have been perfect. I'd take that look today with some rebrands for the Clippers, Thunder, Raptors, Grizzlies and scrap New Orleans and bring back the 90s Sonics. That's probably my ideal NBA.  I'd let the Kings get an update, but i actually really like those 90s Mitch Richmond Kings pre Webber brand.

1 hour ago, kutztown said:

Another Sixers teaser, although not much to it 

DFIIB8tXkAEX5_f?format=jpg&name=large

Looks like the shorts...no side panels?  Or maybe well hidden?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

5 minutes ago, PepMan33Conde said:

If this is how the back of every NIKE NBA jersey will look like, I will be very disappointed. Good on them for trying to be different, but this is too much. When I first saw these, I initially thought the jersey was not fully loading. Nope it's NIKE makin' radical moves.

Wow.  That looks horrible. 

18 minutes ago, PepMan33Conde said:

fmCfoBp.png

I'd also like to share y'all other pics I snapped from the Sacramento Kings' official app.

I couldn't see teams like the celtics and bulls allowing this

8 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

I'm hoping that's just the warmups or an alternate. The current white and blue uniforms should not be touched and are perfect the way they are...

Outline the numbers and they go from top 10 to a top 5 uniform!! (Which i believe we saw they did)

shado_logo.gif

9 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

It definitely should have been purple. There's no historical preference for wearing gold, and with the navy and forest green, I think it's gonna look ugly anyways.

Besides that, I'm really sick of navy-gold-forest green. The navy and green don't contrast well at all, and no matter how many times I try to run with it, the Jazz just aren't a "navy team" to me. If they insist on it though, I'm perfectly fine with a purple alternate to satisfy the want. I've been advocating for it for a long time.

I'll get on my horse and say again that the Jazz navy is just a drastic shade variation of their purple.  Adding a purple would be redundant and inconsistent.  To truly add purple they'd need to tweak the navy to be much more...red and lighter.  But purple and navy are too close to both be in the palette.  Like it or not  navy/forest green/yellow is their current tweak of the violet/kelly green/yellow 80s pallette.  It's a lot better than the navy / sky blue monstrosities. It's close enough for me.  That said, I don't see why they need gold.  Will they still have green?

2 hours ago, kutztown said:

Another Sixers teaser, although not much to it 

DFIIB8tXkAEX5_f?format=jpg&name=large

Better. Not. Be. A. God. Damn. Sleeved. Jersey.

39 minutes ago, chakfu said:

I'll get on my horse and say again that the Jazz navy is just a drastic shade variation of their purple.  Adding a purple would be redundant and inconsistent.  To truly add purple they'd need to tweak the navy to be much more...red and lighter.  But purple and navy are too close to both be in the palette.  Like it or not  navy/forest green/yellow is their current tweak of the violet/kelly green/yellow 80s pallette.  It's a lot better than the navy / sky blue monstrosities. It's close enough for me.  That said, I don't see why they need gold.  Will they still have green?

I think you got on the horse backwards and it proceeding to go the wrong way. Just because they could have a purple jersey doesn't mean they have to keep that same color scheme. They could wear the old purple and royal, or even older purple gold green and gold scheme. There are plenty of examples of alt jerseys that go away from the main color scheme. 

I'm concerned that Nike's new off-center notch on the shorts will throw off the "W" in the Wizards' short design.

wizardsshorts-580x386.jpg

Of course, if the Wizards go with their popular stars and stripes (or some other design) instead, that would render my concern moot.

The Sixers look as good as they ever have. Jesus don't :censored: that up. Those are the process uniforms and shouldn't be touched until Embiid retires... or has career ending injury. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived