NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

Upcoming NBA 2K game released a few player's looks. Raptors changes somewhat confirmed, no change for OKC, Boston with the GE patch.

Based on those screenshots, they added "OKC" to the waistband of the shorts. I would assume that'll replace the tramp stamp they've had since the set debuted, and if that ends up being the case, then I'd call it an improvement (albeit a very small one).

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

13 minutes ago, dont care said:

Looks like the celtics aren't even saved from the missing arm trim on the backs.

IMG_3738.PNG

This image is pretty ripe for a "Caption This" contest.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I personally like the subtle changes to the Raptors' jerseys for this upcoming season, but it pisses me off to no end that they didn't fix the mismatched collar trim. That's driven my OCD absolutely crazy since they unveiled the new set.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 minute ago, upperV03 said:

I personally like the subtle changes to the Raptors' jerseys for this upcoming season, but it pisses me off to no end that they didn't fix the mismatched collar trim. That's driven my OCD absolutely crazy since they unveiled the new set.

I have a similar gripe with the Jazz's mismatched collar trim, among other things they've got problems with. I was hoping both the Raptors and Jazz would take the opportunity to correct that. If the Raptors haven't, I'm not holding my breath that the Jazz will either.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

44 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

I could have sworn OKC was one of the rumored "surprise" teams that get a tent and or something crazy. 

Now I'm thinking it must be someone else like Chicago or San Antonio.

I sincerely hope neither of those teams make any drastic changes to their sets. I'll concede the swoosh and sponsor patch, but I see no other reasons to update them.

That "unfinished" shoulder trim is stupid. I can't get over the orientation on the Knicks' jerseys. Boston's isn't any better. I was hoping this would be a trend that wouldn't carry over.

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Based on those screenshots, they added "OKC" to the waistband of the shorts. I would assume that'll replace the tramp stamp they've had since the set debuted, and if that ends up being the case, then I'd call it an improvement (albeit a very small one).

Also, it appears to me that the "Thunder" script is bigger. It could just be EA's graphics, though.

1 hour ago, dont care said:

Looks like the celtics aren't even saved from the missing arm trim on the backs.

IMG_3738.PNG

Ugh, so it looks with the start of new season we gonna have a battle "What's uglier?" between Adidas NHL Collars (which I actually quite like on some teams) v Nike NBA unfinished arm trims.

4r2eer.png

45 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

I could have sworn OKC was one of the rumored "surprise" teams that get a tent and or something crazy. 

Now I'm thinking it must be someone else like Chicago or San Antonio.

There was speculation (more like hope, really) in the beginning that OKC would be one of the teams changing, but those "rumors" were quickly debunked. We do know that the alternates will be getting a little shake up, though. The Spurs definitely will be changing, but I wouldn't expect anything other than the new wordmark logo and a matching number font. Maybe the new secondary logo on the waistband as well. And regarding the Bulls, every indication is that their primary uniforms will not be changing. There's a good chance the third and fourth uniforms will undergo a makeover, however.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

49 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

I'm assuming those are the only three screenshots released?

Yeah, so far, I think.  PastaPadre had a note yesterday that the 2K team hasn't released much because they are waiting for teams to show off new Nike unis.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Ugh, so it looks with the start of new season we gonna have a battle "What's uglier?" between Adidas NHL Collars (which I actually quite like on some teams) v Nike NBA unfinished arm trims.

Nike NFL Flywire.

Archived