Jump to content

NBA Changes 2017-18


Conrad.

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, CinnamonRoll21 said:

I hope everyone knows that that Cavs white jersey is a MOCKUP. The real white jersey hasn't been revealed yet. The real one might have navy on it.

A mock up by someone with insider knowledge, it's gonna be pretty accurate

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I actually don't mind the lack of navy at home -- three colors is enough on a jersey imho, and the navy isn't the primary color. I could be making excuses just bc I love colored jerseys that lack any white at all, though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The tin foil hat-wearing conspiracy theorist in me can't help but wonder two things:

 

1) Does the timing of this leak have anything to do with the current Kyrie drama?

 

2) Are these uniforms a placeholder for the assumed end of the LeBron era in Cleveland before a quick and better rebrand in a few years?

 

But I'm probably just thinking too much. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Hoopladawg87 said:

1) Does the timing of this leak have anything to do with the current Kyrie drama?

Probably not.

 

1 minute ago, Hoopladawg87 said:

2) Are these uniforms a placeholder for the assumed end of the LeBron era in Cleveland before a quick and better rebrand in a few years?

No. Uniforms are often designed a year or two out from when they debut. Take the last switch. It was just a coincidence that the then-new Cavs uniforms debuted their first year without LeBron. Those uniforms were ready to go and the Cavs would have worn them had LeBron chosen to stay in Cleveland. Same deal here. These uniforms were in the pipeline before anyone started speculating on LeBron leaving.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Probably not.

 

No. Uniforms are often designed a year or two out from when they debut. Take the last switch. It was just a coincidence that the then-new Cavs uniforms debuted their first year without LeBron. Those uniforms were ready to go and the Cavs would have worn them had LeBron chosen to stay in Cleveland. Same deal here. These uniforms were in the pipeline before anyone started speculating on LeBron leaving.

 

Speculating externally in the media, yes, but I can't help but wonder behind the scenes with Nike, LeBron, and the Cavs organization where we have little to no knowledge. Plus these just look like they were designed overnight. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, honeybadger said:

The Cavs uni would have looked good if it came out in something like 2010, now it already looks dated.

Completely agree with this. I don't want to rush to judgement from a pic that looks like it was shot by a 2MP cell phone cam, but it doesn't appear to have a lasting look. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Hoopladawg87 said:

Speculating externally in the media, yes, but I can't help but wonder behind the scenes with Nike, LeBron, and the Cavs organization where we have little to no knowledge. Plus these just look like they were designed overnight. 

I can assure you that they were not designed overnight. Regardless of what you think of them? They're probably the result of at least a year's worth of back and forth between Nike, the NBA, and the Cavs. Probably two years' worth.

 

The size of the sports apparel machine is such that teams can't really change directions overnight based on players suddenly deciding to leave. Teams need to start the process years out so manufacturers know to wind down production of current stock. Stores need that time to sell off the stock they have. And once a new identity is decided upon? The manufacturers produce mountains of apparel based on the new look that's ready to hit shelves the moment it's all unveiled. There's no flexibility to change things up on the fly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like a new court for the Pacers:

IMG_6446.thumb.JPG.95c9a0bad684db493a340f14a48eed50.JPG

I would think it'll match the courts at their new practice facility, except with the new secondary logo inside the three point lines instead of the St. Vincent Center logo.

IMG_6447.thumb.JPG.01ec4e15b35bfb7ce188ab3a753734bf.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

I can assure you that they were not designed overnight. Regardless of what you think of them? They're probably the result of at least a year's worth of back and forth between Nike, the NBA, and the Cavs. Probably two years' worth.

 

The size of the sports apparel machine is such that teams can't really change directions overnight based on players suddenly deciding to leave. Teams need to start the process years out so manufacturers know to wind down production of current stock. Stores need that time to sell off the stock they have. And once a new identity is decided upon? The manufacturers produce mountains of apparel based on the new look that's ready to hit shelves the moment it's all unveiled. There's no flexibility to change things up on the fly.

The Houston Rockets and St. Louis Rams couldn't have predicted a title and by then It was to late to put on the brakes. The Cavs couldn't win a title but sold jerseys by the buttload so Gilbert's decision to switch made sense only in terms of a cash grab but he didn't count on LeBron taking his talents elsewhere, hence his immature open letter stating that Cavs would win a title before Miami does.  Now that they've won a title, they can sell more jerseys even if they came out with new ones, forcing fans to have to buy new ones so that in their mind they wouldn't look lame but I'm not sure if the decision was made before or after their 2016 title win but I'm sure they don't regret it since they don't really care about how fans feel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.