NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

This mockup probably gives us our best idea yet at what the backs of the jerseys will look like:

IMG_6471.thumb.PNG.9aaa2f920dc89859705a55866ba2306f.PNG

To see more details of the new Pistons unis, go here: http://content.palacenet.com/content/jersey/

"Made out of recycled poly. 18 bottles were used to create the uniform."

so does this mean that if we think some of these new uniforms look like trash it's an accurate statement and not just subjective?

1 hour ago, Pharos04 said:

using the Celtics as an example, now that the GE logo is on their jersey, I'm not suddenly going to be subconsciously drawn to GE products because they happened to purchase ad space. 

Don't be so sure.  Constant exposure to a particular brand helps normalise that brand in one's mind.  This absolutely influences the trend of future choices.

After I got my smart TV and my phone, both Samsung products, it occurred to me that I probably had an increased tendency to choose Samsung over other manufacturers on account of having seen the Samsung name for several years on Chelsea's shirts.

52 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

You're either pregnant or you're not, you either have a concussion or you don't, and all uniforms with ads suck.  

51 minutes ago, CRichardson said:

Soccer jerseys don't.

Club jerseys certainly do suck.  (National team jerseys look good; but, alas, I am not a fan of national teams.)

Fortunately, it is sometimes possible to find shirts and jackets that have only the team's logo on them, with no ad.

me-chelsea.jpg.22836e687b023689946d2d836cc58fbc.jpg

But wearing the team's actual jersey would be out of the question, on account of the ad.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

This mockup probably gives us our best idea yet at what the backs of the jerseys will look like:

IMG_6471.thumb.PNG.9aaa2f920dc89859705a55866ba2306f.PNG

To see more details of the new Pistons unis, go here: http://content.palacenet.com/content/jersey/

The piping on the side is now slanting backwards (probably to accommodate the new cut in the shorts) instead of completely vertical as before.

ujsignature.png

2 hours ago, suns1977 said:

So far these ads aren't completely destroying the look like I thought they would.  (From @darrenrovell on Twitter.)

Ads.jpg

They're still bad, but it reduces the sting to see some willingness to work with the teams' color palette so the ads are less visually assaulting.

ujsignature.png

3 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Fortunately, it is sometimes possible to find shirts and jackets that have only the team's logo on them, with no ad.

me-chelsea.jpg.22836e687b023689946d2d836cc58fbc.jpg

Well, no ads other than the kit manufacturer's logos festooned on the chest, sleeves, and legs.  ;) 

I wonder how much more Adidas would charge a club to manufacture their kits if the kits didn't double as walking billboards for Adidas.

2 hours ago, Pharos04 said:

You know, seeing the Flagstar Bank logo thing listed there next to the Pistons and Nike logos....just brought one of those thoughts back into my head.

do businesses really believe that spending this kind of marketing actually does anything to increase customers? I know I'm one individual but seeing Baseball parks filled with ads that are nothing more than corporate shill to put their name somewhere, or having a logo on the front of a jersey be it basketball or soccer...it honestly doesn't do a thing for me.

using the Celtics as an example, now that the GE logo is on their jersey, I'm not suddenly going to be subconsciously drawn to GE products because they happened to purchase ad space.  The more deeper thought into that is "if these companies can afford to rent ad space from a professional sports time, why should I be giving them more money?"

and with the Pistons, seeing their new ad isn't making me go "oh damn, better go change banks now because a team has put a different bank's logo on their jersey".  Whole concept is asinine overall and it's a damn shame it has come to that all because of the almighty dollar.  I know it's not anything new, especially with ballparks but just....ugh (sorry, rant over)

All that being said, I agree the DP would fit more on the belt...but my word do they need a better Secondary to fit the name.  that DP is so clunky and awkward....like most DPs can be ;)

See, that's the thing. You're not their intended demographic. They tend to target people that are much easier to influence. Unfortunately, not everyone is able to see the sickening shill that it all is.

25 minutes ago, Delux247 said:

The piping on the side is now slanting backwards (probably to accommodate the new cut in the shorts) instead of completely vertical as before.

On the section where it is "The Details", the new cut appears more in the front, with the stripes pretty much vertical.  Granted, it's a drawing...

I'm just kinda irked that because of some new cut in the shorts, many designs will have a slight, awkward slant to them.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Assuming these mockups are accurate, this presents us with a first look at what the Nike NBA socks and tights could look like. I wonder how many colors they'll have available for both the socks and tights, and if they'll have any team-specific sock designs like Stance did.

There was another good look on the Kings unveiling. Showing that they might be two toned for some teams.

malachi-mobile3.png

Archived