NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

The Coyote was spotted wearing a jersey with an HEB logo last year.

maxresdefault.jpg

I think he's been wearing that for awhile. If they went with HEB, I'd think they'd be in Spurs colors since they are that way on the Stars.

On 7/18/2017 at 1:00 PM, Maximus89 said:

So nothing's stopping the Warriors from choosing yellow as their home/association jersey from now on?  They wanted to some years back, and the NBA wouldn't allow them to IIRC and now they're free to do as they please.

Cleveland wanted to do this too but was denied by the league.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

The Coyote was spotted wearing a jersey with an HEB logo last year.

maxresdefault.jpg

He's worn that for a couple years. He's usually in about 6 or 7 HEB commercials a year, usually with the team. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Rumors are that the Jazz uniforms have arrived in SLC and may be unveiled this weekend, if not sometime next week. Nothing concrete though on the date (and no indication that it's really anything more than simple template switch, either, so it may not be made into a big deal).

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I'm wondering if they will do an acception for the Lakers and have their "Association" jersey be yellow.

Or if the classic will technically be an alt. Not like it really matters i'm just wondering based on the word that were printed.

ATL

25 minutes ago, mike2sana said:

I'm wondering if they will do an acception for the Lakers and have their "Association" jersey be yellow.

Or if the classic will technically be an alt. Not like it really matters i'm just wondering based on the word that were printed.

There's absolutely zero chance of the Lakers not having yellow for the home jersey. If it were to happen it would be a big deal and we'd have information on it by now. Don't expect it to happen possibly ever.

bSLCtu2.png

34 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

There's absolutely zero chance of the Lakers not having yellow for the home jersey. If it were to happen it would be a big deal and we'd have information on it by now. Don't expect it to happen possibly ever.

I think we all know the Lakers will still wear yellow at home. That's never been in question. What has been in question is whether or not their Association Edition uniform will be white like every other team, thereby forcing the classic yellow uniform to be either the Icon uniform, the Athlete's mindset uniform, or the Community-inspired uniform, or if an exception will be made to allow the Lakers' yellow uniform to be their Association Edition. According to Nike's press release on the new uniforms and the new naming convention, the Association Edition is "the traditional home white uniform that all 30 teams will have in their assortment", suggesting that the Lakers' white Sunday alternate will technically be their Association Edition uniform, with their yellow uniform as one of the other three. They'll obviously still wear yellow at home, except they'll probably still wear white on Sundays, but it's just a matter of what the yellow uniform will be officially labeled as under the new naming convention. Since there aren't anymore "home" uniforms and since teams are free to wear whatever they want at home, it's very possible that the Lakers' white uniform will be the Association Edition to match the other 29 teams, with their yellow uniform technically being labeled as one of the other three uniforms, even though it'll be the uniform worn for every home game except for those on Sundays.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

7 minutes ago, masterchaoss said:

Why a bellybutton logo! It's so awful!

Makes an exclamation point with the number one!  Hence "Pistons!" ;)

29 minutes ago, masterchaoss said:

Why a bellybutton logo! It's so awful!

If you go back and looks at the other pics, that Pistons logo is at the waist level and not right underneath the number as it is in this pic.

Archived