NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

19 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

If they've got a throwback (ahem, CLASSIC) alternate supposedly, I can't imagine the new set would look a whole lot like the throwbacks. Hmmm.

Was this the surprise team?

I would be shocked if the main uniforms changed that much, if at all, other than the obvious manufacturer/template switch. Remember, the current uniforms were designed by Jordan Brand in conjunction with RARE Design, so it would be odd for them to change 'em up now considering they'll actually be made by Nike/Jordan Brand now. If anything, I could see them making the teal uniform the primary road option, or the "Icon" Edition, instead of the purple, but other than that I don't foresee any changes to the home/road ("Association" and "Icon") uniforms.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, IceBurgs70 said:

My mistake. Already had the page up and didn't refresh.

I gotta say, there's been several examples of harsh policing in this thread ("you're late, dummy -- it was posted three pages ago," etc.).  Is it that big of a deal if someone posts an image again by accident?  We're in a 128-page thread that's sure to grow; it's not unreasonable to expect the odd person to mistakenly re-post previously-posted content.

26 minutes ago, keynote said:

I gotta say, there's been several examples of harsh policing in this thread ("you're late, dummy -- it was posted three pages ago," etc.).  Is it that big of a deal if someone posts an image again by accident?  We're in a 128-page thread that's sure to grow; it's not unreasonable to expect the odd person to mistakenly re-post previously-posted content.

It grew 4 pages within 24 hours.  Seriously there's no need to break someone's balls for posting redundant information.  It's not realistic to read through every single update just to check before posting what seems like breaking news to you.  It doesn't matter one bit.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

58 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

I'm feeling the Pacers so far.

Anybody else curious to what the Hornets are going to do since right now they are advertising "new uniforms" instead of "updated look"????

I assume they're getting rid of the stupid side stripe that screams adidas to me (yes I know it's not 3 stripes but I always think adidas when I see them, personally, and I'm sure I'm not alone)

7 minutes ago, ryn said:

new spurs global and secondary logo. looks like they got rid of the old primary

SanAntonio_Spurs_Logosheet.jpg

I still don't understand why Spurs change their logo, they don't need to do that, their old logo are fine, not good, not bad but just fine and now it's bland.

4r2eer.png

First teaser of the new Blazers uniforms:

Looks like they're keeping the silver on the collar and armhole trim, and it also looks like they may be switching to a v-neck collar. I'll be curious to see how else they utilize silver in the new uniforms since the new pinwheel logo doesn't feature any silver at all.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 minute ago, Toronto206 said:

Another look at the teaser, hoping to God they just go back to the Drexler look.

IMG_3935.PNG

Looks like a solid black wordmark, which isn't surprising. I'm just wondering whether or not the silver trim will still be present on the diagonal stripe or not.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

10 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Looks like a solid black wordmark, which isn't surprising. I'm just wondering whether or not the silver trim will still be present on the diagonal stripe or not.

Not gonna lie, with removing silver from the logo not sure I like this. But have high hopes still.

57 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

I still don't understand why Spurs change their logo, they don't need to do that, their old logo are fine, not good, not bad but just fine and now it's bland.

The SPUR is the real logo, now. I don't know what's so bland about that.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

I have to think this is probably what the new Blazers uniforms will look like (I'm guessing on the advertiser btw):

BlazersUnis.thumb.png.3ab106f73fa5321f3cdb0a5fe4525830.png

Edit: Just realized that Conrad recently tweeted his updated mockups as well. Here's those:

I would guess since the silver trim is still present on the collar and armhole trim, that it'll probably stay on the sash stripe as well. Only things I'm really unsure about are the outlines, or lack thereof on the wordmarks and numbers, as well as the jersey advertiser. And I suppose the number font is still in question as well, though I'd be pretty surprised if it's not the font from their most recent red alternates.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived