NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Hoopladawg87 said:

I'm very perplexed by the Blazers removing the silver from their primary logo, yet retaining the silver collar and armhole trim -- I'm actually okay with the single-color wordmarks, but the silver trim already bothers me. 

Yeah, I was expecting them to get rid of the silver trim on the white and black uniforms and save it for the alternates, but obviously that's not going to be the case. I think I would've preferred them to leave out the silver accents on the primary home and road uniforms, but I don't think I'll mind it if it's just on the collar, armholes, and sash stripe, and not on the wordmarks/numbers. More of an emphasis will be on red and black, just like in the new pinwheel logo, and the silver trim will be a bit more limited than on the current uniforms, which I think is fitting since silver is now officially one of their secondary colors instead of one of their primary colors.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Blazers haven't changed much since playing Jordan in the NBA finals.  Really only a dash of silver trim added in 25+ seasons.  So I expect them to make minor adjustments. 

Which should be applauded since they already have a fine set.. that silver distinguishes them from Chicago Miami and Toronto. 

Oh man, I just had a really horrendous thought.

We know about ads on the uniforms being a thing, but did anyone think about them also going on the throwbacks? Putting it on jerseys is bad enough, but it would be downright embarassing if they show up on throwback jerseys.

We all know the Cavaliers are getting a throwback uniform, they always have one, so the question is... will the Goodyear logo be on it? You better hope it doesn't.

bSLCtu2.png

Morning, all!

In accordance with a new forum policy we’re trialing (full announcement post coming in a minute), I’ve gone ahead and split off all Pacers discussion starting yesterday into its own thread, so please post that there. We’ll do the same for teams making significant logo and uniform changes as this thread continues — e.g., the Timberwolves, Suns, Blazers, etc. will all get their own threads for the uniform unveilings.

Individual threads will not be required for teams that haven’t or are not expected to make significant changes. We don’t need a new thread to discuss how the Thunder uniforms adapted to the new template, for instance.

Let me know if you have any questions!

6fQjS3M.png

1 hour ago, crashcarson15 said:

Morning, all!

In accordance with a new forum policy we’re trialing (full announcement post coming in a minute), I’ve gone ahead and split off all Pacers discussion starting yesterday into its own thread, so please post that there. We’ll do the same for teams making significant logo and uniform changes as this thread continues — e.g., the Timberwolves, Suns, Blazers, etc. will all get their own threads for the uniform unveilings.

Individual threads will not be required for teams that haven’t or are not expected to make significant changes. We don’t need a new thread to discuss how the Thunder uniforms adapted to the new template, for instance.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Not a question but I always thought this thread (these kids of threads) were so convenient because it has all the rebranding information I need. I honestly don't think each team has enough of a fanbase (in this site) or that there are enough significant changes in this league specifically to be worth separate threads.

But then again what do I know?

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Oh man, I just had a really horrendous thought.

We know about ads on the uniforms being a thing, but did anyone think about them also going on the throwbacks? Putting it on jerseys is bad enough, but it would be downright embarassing if they show up on throwback jerseys.

We all know the Cavaliers are getting a throwback uniform, they always have one, so the question is... will the Goodyear logo be on it? You better hope it doesn't.

If they must put ads on the throwbacks, they should at least use whatever logo the advertiser was using at the time the uniform was originally worn (if possible).

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

13 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

If they must put ads on the throwbacks, they should at least use whatever logo the advertiser was using at the time the uniform was originally worn (if possible).

Kind of like how the Timbers did with Alaska Airlines. I like that idea a lot. Here's to hoping they thought of that!

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

6 hours ago, arcane said:

Slightly off topic but just noticed these horrible swingmans on the NBAStore site...that arch hurts my eyes the googles do nothing

http://store.nba.com/Jerseys/Mens_Seattle_SuperSonics_Kevin_Durant_adidas_Green_Throwback_Road_Hardwood_Classics_Swingman_climacool_Jersey

thumb.aspx.jpg

Wow...that's a disgrace.  Not even close.

b7fa8454a700750abc2eee22b202e5aa.jpg

3 minutes ago, TGsoGood said:

I noticed the Pacers new unis don't appear to have mesh holes on the front but I see Portland, Detroit and OKC have mesh holes on front.

Does anyone have a good photo of where the front mesh holes are on the jersey?

If you look closely here you can see it:

IMG_6511.JPG.1149d504958139b1d5fb36c5d5443d20.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived