NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if anyone saw the video or took a screenshot. But the next 2 uniforms are either red and a gray jersey or a silver jersey. Couldn't tell. 

And is that the new NBA logo on the back?? 

IMG_3209.JPG

IMG_3210.PNG

IMG_3211.PNG

1 hour ago, DJT said:

Not sure if anyone saw the video or took a screenshot. But the next 2 uniforms are either red and a gray jersey or a silver jersey. Couldn't tell. 

And is that the new NBA logo on the back?? 

IMG_3209.JPG

IMG_3210.PNG

IMG_3211.PNG

Looks like their old set. A red alt and a white rip city jersey

I noticed this in the Nikebabble in the Blazers' press release (I'm posting it here because I assume it'll apply to every teams' uniforms):

The logos on the uniforms, such as the pinwheel and the NBA’s logo, are now plastic rather than stitched patches, which cuts down on weight, as does using thinner materials for wordmarks, numbers and names, which were much thicker on the adidas uniforms.

http://www.nba.com/blazers/forwardcenter/trail-blazers-unveil-new-association-and-icon-nike-jerseys-next-season

That's a shame.  I understand the on-court performance benefits, but I'll miss some the intricate embroidery of the logo patches on authentic jerseys and shorts. 

Nike's new waistband has the kind of texture previously seen on the inside of waistbands in the past.  Here's Portland's as an example.

rip_city_shorts_fc.jpg

Perhaps this is Nike's response to the flipped-over waistband trend.  Note how the logo plate looks like a tag.

college-basketball-shorts-rolling-waistb

22 hours ago, 29texan said:

The SPUR is the real logo, now. I don't know what's so bland about that.

Yeah I know the naked wordmark is their original logo, but it looks nicer with background . Spurs (instead of Clippers, Thunder) really didn't need to change their logo,  this is Change for Change Sake (CFCS - remember that acronym ;))

15 hours ago, arcane said:

Slightly off topic but just noticed these horrible swingmans on the NBAStore site...that arch hurts my eyes the googles do nothing

thumb.aspx.jpg

It's kinda funny, because adidas made those jersey in their first two seasons in NBA and now they got problems with making correct arch.

4r2eer.png

2 hours ago, j'villejags said:

Someone has probably pointed this out already, but it looks like Nike has updated the championship tag as well. 

For comparison:

goldtab.jpg

One of the main page articles on sportslogo talked about it.  Not sure if anyone brought it up in the thread though.

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

5 hours ago, BlackBolt3 said:

The Nuggets and Jazz have teased, but haven't exactly said when they'll unveil them. The next scheduled release is the Hornets on Monday.

I can't find any teasers for Utah having newer jerseys than the ones from last year.

shado_logo.gif

3 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Yeah I know the naked wordmark is their original logo, but it looks nicer with background . Spurs (instead of Clippers, Thunder) really didn't need to change their logo,  this is Change for Change Sake (CFCS - remember that acronym ;))

I wouldn't say that, personally. They had the previous "zigzag" logo for 12 years. That's a lifetime in the NBA. 

But if anything, the new one does pay homage to the first ever Spurs logo:

Spurs2.gif sas.png

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

1 hour ago, Shadojoker said:

I can't find any teasers for Utah having newer jerseys than the ones from last year.

Well, the ghastly pride jersey will be gone for sure. And it's been reported by a few local reporters here that they're potentially getting a gold alternate to replace it. As far as everything else, I think it's highly likely that the other three uniforms stay and just make the switch to the Nike template. I hope not, as I've just never come around to this set at all, but I'm not expecting a big change. 

Here's what the team has released (Starks is team President):

I will say that, despite personally not expecting any changes, Starks' choice of words was a little interesting. I don't know that he really had to say anything like that at all if it were just a simple template switch. But then again, he could simply be talking about how we'll love the new tech and such. Or love the new alternate(s). Who knows.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

The logos on the uniforms, such as the pinwheel and the NBA’s logo, are now plastic rather than stitched patches, which cuts down on weight, as does using thinner materials for wordmarks, numbers and names, which were much thicker on the adidas uniforms.

Adidas patch, is one thicc stitch

it's a good day to have a good day let me

it's a good day to have a good day see that plastic

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, 29texan said:

I wouldn't say that, personally. They had the previous "zigzag" logo for 12 years. That's a lifetime in the NBA. 

But if anything, the new one does pay homage to the first ever Spurs logo:

Spurs2.gif sas.png

It's lasted a few years longer than that, so more than a lifetime haha. Correctly me if I'm wrong, but I think each of the 3 Spurs logos have lasted 14 seasons. Something about that fact is very "Spurs".

Archived