NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

18 hours ago, Kg54mvp said:

Imagine this beauty with the more modern fit of the jerseys now,  ugh I wish... 

kevin-garnett-of-the-minnesota-timberwolves-goes-up-for-the-shot-the-picture-id52278530.jpg

Had no idea this would be an unpopular opinion, but I loathed that uniform set. I hated the word mark, particularly on the jersey, where I've always preferred the team's name to be shortened to "Wolves." I thought the trees were too gimmicky. I hated the fact that shorts only had trees on the band of one leg. 

The only thing to like about these was the fact that the team actually won some games while wearing them. Other than that, keep 'em on the scrap heap.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Digby said:

Yeah, I'm amazed at the nostalgia for such a dated looking set. The wordmark and number font is completely emblematic of the xxx-treme 90s. Color scheme was better, but the uniforms were totally amateur.

Yes It could be the good memories growing up with that set,  and KG of course,  but I liked that it was out there... I mean trees on a jersey sound stupid but in my opinion they pulled it off..

I do love the original set, so here's to hoping a nod to the past.  Do not have high hopes though. 

11 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

If they'd had a green alt in addition to/instead of the black one they could've looked even better. 

That's one thing that's disappointed me with the lime green direction. I've been dying for a green alt for years but there's no way a full lime green uniform will look good.

18 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

They might as well have.  They used to have my favorite identity in the NBA when I was a kid.  The trees surrounding the court and on their uniforms, I loved it.  Their uniforms were beautiful in the KG era.  And the team was actually pretty good!  Even their original identity when they joined the league was great. But since then... oh man, it's all been just atrocious.  It irks me and breaks the middle schooler in me's heart.   

Minnesota, you keep searching for something great when you already had it all along:

kg%2Bwolves.jpg

Look at this wood!  Look at the trees!  It's glorious.  

51052381.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=3&d=133BFC9465023B049E4282B5EBDCAB2C8517B13BAA8E06EB373E0CF6A1D95A43

Also count me among those who love everything about this identity. I proudly wore that blue Garnett jersey to the preseason game in Louisville last October.

8bVWNl7.png.df4b40fc8bee1fb7b4442d7fc55c

17 hours ago, WSU151 said:

uh I'm pretty sure the outlines are black and silver.

0hnj8bu8ig22rayg30uh6h96s.gif

a gif of the wordmark doesnt prove your point.  even IF the outline around the wordmark was silver, it's almost impossible to discern that on those jerseys.  It looks for all intents and purposes to be white. 

062713-sports-best-worst-draft-picks-Kev

43 minutes ago, BrianLion said:

a gif of the wordmark doesnt prove your point.  even IF the outline around the wordmark was silver, it's almost impossible to discern that on those jerseys.  It looks for all intents and purposes to be white. 

062713-sports-best-worst-draft-picks-Kev

The official graphics file taken from the mothership doesn't prove my point?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

54 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Wolves got it right with these:

dOhVriM.jpg

fxvfDsJ.jpg

They almost got it right.  I don't like the "Minnesota" script on the aways, would've looked better as "wolves" and could've saved Minnesota script for a 3rd. I don't like the U shape neck "fake V" collar. Would prefer full v-neck with trees going all the way. Hate the white arm holes on aways. Would've looked better as the jersey color. 

All that being said, still better than what they wear now.

2 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I'm wondering if that was intentional, given the top-heavy number font.

Sure looks intentional ...

Rasho-David-Sherman-Getty.jpg

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

6 hours ago, Lights Out said:

dOhVriM.jpg

fxvfDsJ.jpg

I really like these as well. Not as much emphasis on black, which should be their third color, and a modern take on the tree design. When they took the green out these were ruined.

I'm also not a fan of just "Wolves." But a cleaned up version of the Garnett era may be superior still.

9 hours ago, Lights Out said:

dOhVriM.jpg

fxvfDsJ.jpg

Absolutely. It's the best look they've ever had. The only thing I would have changed up are those oddly placed armpit trees. Sometimes, I feel that the designers aren't doing a good job choosing the product for the court.

1 hour ago, The Wolf Within said:

I know what you mean, I've called these some of the most underrated uniforms of all time. The fact they only lasted 2 seasons is an absolute tragedy.

Totally agree. I liked those uniforms. Hopefully the Timberwolves can get it right this time around. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Archived