NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

From the Drew League's Instagram story, a first look at the Rockets' white jersey:

IMG_6577.thumb.JPG.7c2378b30b81cfe2afe388b951b29b21.JPG

I like it so far.  I didn't like their shoulder look, waaaay too wide.  

Plus, the one solid trim color versus white/red/white/red is more pleasing to the eyeballs IMHO.

One thing bother me. Blazers got different mesh than rest of league (from this teams which unveiled their jerseys).

On Blazers mesh goes all around jersey:

white_shirt_front.jpg

white_shirt_back.jpg

In Pistons you've got two aeroswift panels and that's all:

20478894_328151287634381_144670777314325

Don't know how it's looks on back, beacuse Pacers photo are too blury to see details like this.

Anybody knows why Blazers got different style?

4r2eer.png

That Rockets jersey is a complete disaster for a couple reasons: 1) the outdated wordmark is the only element containing black (in the form of its drop shadow), while the numerals, collar and armhole trim, etc. are all solid red; 2) with the arm rings removed - as terrible as they were - and the solid color collar and armhole trim, these simply look like cheap knockoffs of their previously mediocre jerseys.

It just feels like there was little to no thought nor effort put into the design of this.

More or less of what we already figured out, with the Hornets having a throwback and the Buzz City alternate still going to be carried out through other means. Also, it seems like a 12:00ET-2:00ET drop.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

32 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

One thing bother me. Blazers got different mesh than rest of league (from this teams which unveiled their jerseys).

On Blazers mesh goes all around jersey:

white_shirt_front.jpg

white_shirt_back.jpg

In Pistons you've got two aeroswift panels and that's all:

20478894_328151287634381_144670777314325

Don't know how it's looks on back, beacuse Pacers photo are too blury to see details like this.

Anybody knows why Blazers got different style?

For one thing, I'm pretty sure the backs of the Blazers' jerseys match those of the other teams that have been released so far. As far as the fronts of the jerseys, I have a feeling the sash stripe impacted the decision to go with the mesh all around the front of the jersey, as opposed to just having the Aeroswift mesh panels. Whether it was because of the extra weight added by the sash, or because of the sash likely interrupting the Aeroswift panels, having the mesh around the entirety of the front of the jersey was probably the best option.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I really am wondering if the Blazers and Portland wordmarks would even benefit from a red outline. I feel it would look too clunky with the new font set. If someone wants to mock it up with red outlines, maybe I'll change how I feel about it. I'm just having a hard time visualizing it right now. The last set incorporated red as more of a drop shadow. I'm guessing it wouldn't look to out of place.

2 minutes ago, Satomiblood said:

I really am wondering if the Blazers and Portland wordmarks would even benefit from a red outline. I feel it would look too clunky with the new font set. If someone wants to mock it up with red outlines, maybe I'll change how I feel about it. I'm just having a hard time visualizing it right now. The last set incorporated red as more of a drop shadow. I'm guessing it wouldn't look to out of place.

That's been really bothering me, since the number font is basically the same size. It seems weird to have an outline on one but not the other. I know most people here want outlines on all numbers, I like the simplicity of one color numbers. 

1 minute ago, VDizzle12 said:

That's been really bothering me, since the number font is basically the same size. It seems weird to have an outline on one but not the other. I know most people here want outlines on all numbers, I like the simplicity of one color numbers. 

I'd rather teams remain consistent, but I was looking at the new font and wondering if it could even accommodate a red outline without looking awkward.

Just now, VDizzle12 said:

I'm typically in the all-outline camp, but I'm with you on the single-color numerals in this instance. I mocked those uniforms up both ways yesterday, and much preferred the single-color wordmarks and numerals. If I had the files on me I'd post them here now.

22 minutes ago, Satomiblood said:

I think a red outline would look fine on the black jersey, but I think it'd muddle up the wordmark on the white jersey a bit too much. Like @Hoopladawg87, I've mocked up the wordmarks and numbers both ways, with and without outlines, and they just look cleaner without the outlines. The wordmarks lose some of their intricacies with an outline, no matter how thin, so I think the single-color wordmarks were definitely the best direction for them to take. I'd prefer the numbers to be single-colored to match the wordmarks, but I actually don't mind them having outlines. The numbers on the backs of the jerseys look especially good with the red outlines, mainly due to the fact that their size makes it so they don't appear as muddled as the numbers on the front, and having the outlines makes the numbers pop a bit more, whereas the wordmarks would just look muddled with a similar treatment.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

9 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

Here they are, not much change:

IMG_0923.thumb.PNG.868e8a3eb4bc1fb7929fc569fd75cdc6.PNG

EDIT: You can get a better look at the updated shorts here:

IMG_0924.PNG.c193e94880fd49de1672fc8b82d48d30.PNG

Just like I suspected, the teal uniform takes the place of the purple as the primary colored option. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up wearing that at home more than the white this upcoming season, and there's a good chance it'll be worn on the road a fair amount as well.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived