Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

 

The Hornets uniforms are very boring.  I've never liked their new identity, hard to put my finger on what I don't like -- might be the numbers.  I hate to become a full-time "the past is always better!" guy but I strongly prefer the look from the Baron Davis era.  I know this isn't exactly a new thought or idea, but an update of those uniforms would be the way I would go.  Or hell, just make em exactly the same.  Long live the era from when I was a kid!!!!

 

baron-davis-304.jpg

 

Couldn't agree more.  I'm same way with 90's Suns 'sunburst' jerseys.

 

This Hornets jersey is perfect.  B Davis doing his best MJ impression, LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

 

The Hornets uniforms are very boring.  I've never liked their new identity, hard to put my finger on what I don't like -- might be the numbers.  I hate to become a full-time "the past is always better!" guy but I strongly prefer the look from the Baron Davis era.  I know this isn't exactly a new thought or idea, but an update of those uniforms would be the way I would go.  Or hell, just make em exactly the same.  Long live the era from when I was a kid!!!!

 

baron-davis-304.jpg

 

I always wondered why they never made purple alternates based on this template. They would've looked nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mmejia said:

Side by side look at Rockets new vs old:

new rox jersey.png

 

God, those old uni's shoulders are just awful.  They're bigger than the Grand Canyon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I apologize if this has been posted, but has anyone else seen anything in regards to the Timberwolves new uniforms?

 

This appears to be the "road" and "home" jersey and seems legit as it has the fitbit patch as well as Nike swoosh.  It also has the tree pattern side panel which was part of the "tease" back in March/April.

 

 

 

https://twitter.com/marqualler/status/883123816158965760/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fmarqualler%2Fstatus%2F883099897649545216

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, lmh1194 said:

I apologize if this has been posted, but has anyone else seen anything in regards to the Timberwolves new uniforms?

 

This appears to be the "road" and "home" jersey.  

 

 

 

Here's a little help:

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DEF8bR8VwAAPKlV.jpg

Looks pretty solid

If this is accurate, I'd say it's a good update

Can't wait to see them play the hawks

 

DEF8RPPU0AE0oZR.jpg

Court from the same guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those Wolves' unis are most probably just fan-made mockups, as is the court. They don't have the same numer font that those team tees posted recently had on them.

 

Change the number font, and that's a very successfully designed look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, suns1977 said:

 

God, those old uni's shoulders are just awful.  They're bigger than the Grand Canyon.

 

They had a normal shoulder cut the last two years which looked much better.

 

james-harden-bio-pic.jpg



As far as those TWolves unis, they may be accurate, but those are fan made. Note no swoosh on the shorts or on the nuggets uniforms....also theyre using the old clippers number font. IIRC Conrad mocked some up similar to that, so they may be based on those. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, keynote said:

Here's a little help:

 

 

 

 

This also might mean that new Nuggets jerseys aren't in the FedEx box...which I'm taking as a sign as these being fakes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something that hasn't been mentioned here yet, is the overly cluttered look that the Nike swooshes make on the uniforms alongside the sponsor patches, best seen on the new Pistons' set. There's no reason whatsoever to display the manufacturer logo TWICE on the game uniform, the jersey AND the shorts. That is as offensive as the Adidas' three stripes going all the way along the sides.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, shaydre1019 said:

 

They had a normal shoulder cut the last two years which looked much better.

 

james-harden-bio-pic.jpg

 

Even those shoulders are cut too wide, in my opinion.  It makes the uniform design look even more dated than it already is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If real, I'm sort of digging those new Wolves unis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just realized that on the suns arm holes, the stripes don't get cut off. Wonder if they've made changes to it. 

suns-road-1718.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.