NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

This has been the "Wolves" font floating around with the new apparel and marketing material.

I wouldn't be surprised either if the numerical fonts below are what we will eventually see on the uniforms.

MAJESTIC_MFSA-260F-5F1-8PG_1024x1024.png

BUTLER_PLAYER_T-SHIRT02_1024x1024.png?v=

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What comes to the Hornets' unis, I'm glad they restrained from making any significant changes and kept the design. Changing the collar to solid color is a big downgrade though, since the stripe and the overlap were nice details. Another thing to point out, is that the sideview Hornet logo replaced the crown-C on the white uni's shorts, which I'm not sure was a good move either. I hope that the gorgeous purple uni remains, though, since I liked it more than the teal one. Also, the jumpman logo looks a lot more organic and unintrusive on the uniforms than the Nike swoosh. Nevertheless, still no reason to duplicate it on the shorts.

9 minutes ago, lmh1194 said:

This has been the "Wolves" font floating around with the new apparel and marketing material.

I wouldn't be surprised either if the numerical fonts below are what we will eventually see on the uniforms.

MAJESTIC_MFSA-260F-5F1-8PG_1024x1024.png

BUTLER_PLAYER_T-SHIRT02_1024x1024.png?v=

I'm all for custom NOB fonts, but that font is way too wide to use on the back of a standard basketball jersey.  Not every player's last name is going to be as short as "Butler."

19 minutes ago, Colorsism said:

I just realized that on the suns arm holes, the stripes don't get cut off. Wonder if they've made changes to it. 

suns-road-1718.jpg

IIRC these were specs for a swingman jersey, so assuming they're legit, perhaps the swingmans will have full trim?

8 minutes ago, keynote said:

I'm all for custom NOB fonts, but that font is way too wide to use on the back of a standard basketball jersey.  Not every player's last name is going to be as short as "Butler."

Yeah reminds me of the adidas football NOBs from a few years ago. 

The fan who made the mockup probably just picked the font they felt was closest to the new uniforms, I wouldn't take that as "they are fake". Someone did this while otherwise perfectly recreating Cleveland, since there isn't their rxact number don't in the game.

ExJworW.png

I even know sometimes with new jerseys on games numbers/details can be off before and sometimes after the official release.

You think this could be a preview or is this guy just trolling us.

Personally I feel like those T-Wolves jersey are it but with the bronco's esque number font.

Only time can really tell.

I'd love if those were the ones though

ATL

15 minutes ago, MackAttack said:

Those 2K uniforms may be close to the real thing, but the Team Rebrand section is full of concepts and fan made stuff. Why is everyone taking this seriously? 

The perfect place to store the actual uniforms in game until they get unveiled.

YVRMUBj.png

Looks like the Nuggets will be announcing their jersey advertiser tomorrow:

I'm not expecting their primary uniforms to change much, if at all (other than the manufacturer and template switch), so it wouldn't surprise me if they unveiled those tomorrow at the same time.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

7 hours ago, the_Raptors_king said:

would throwback jerseys have ads?

Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 1.52.24 PM.png

Unpopular opinion (apparently), but I *hated* that jersey.  The logo itself was silly enough, but those Flinstone pinstripes were clownish -- and a slavish copy of the Hornets' and Magic's design element.   I was quite glad to see them graduate to the adult-looking Nike wishbone jerseys -- even if they were two-tone.  

I hope the Sixers unveil is the same exact uniform just with the two ad logos.  It's so good just as is - they don't need to change anything (except maybe go to a normal block number font like the Barkley-era uniforms used.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I hope the Sixers unveil is the same exact uniform just with the two ad logos.  It's so good just as is - they don't need to change anything (except maybe go to a normal block number font like the Barkley-era uniforms used.)

It certainly seems like its going to have drop shadows.

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Looks like the Nuggets will be announcing their jersey advertiser tomorrow:

I'm not expecting their primary uniforms to change much, if at all (other than the manufacturer and template switch), so it wouldn't surprise me if they unveiled those tomorrow at the same time.

Sooooooo ... pretty much FedEx?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I would have assumed FedEx would go with the Grizzlies considering they wanted the entire team named for them back in the day.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Memphis Express would have been such a dumb yet wonderful name.

Also, I think that Jumpman logo on the Charlotte uniform looks pretty cool.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived