Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

Recommended Posts

Just now, suns1977 said:

IMG_7397.thumb.PNG.4103ef685a1fe9838610d6500b9e30a4.PNG

 

NBA2K18 screenshot of Lakers (partial).

Bad choice for the waistband logo on the Lakers uni IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, insert name said:

Did the Lakers forget that they have an alternative logo? 

IMG_6451.GIF

They already use that on their shorts.

 

hIklH3o.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lights Out said:

They already use that on their shorts.

 

hIklH3o.jpg

Ok, good to know that I forgot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

You can see that they changed they way armhole and side panels connect

joel-embiid-76ers-heat.jpg

 

Obviously better with full armholes

 

I think every uniform we've seen so far has the same look where the arm hole striping isn't going all the way around. Looks to be part of the new Nike uniform template unfortunately(as well as the fact that it gets cut off on the back of the unis as well)

 

Like so

 

white_shirt_back.jpg

 

Gonna take some getting used to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, suns1977 said:

IMG_7397.thumb.PNG.4103ef685a1fe9838610d6500b9e30a4.PNG

 

NBA2K18 screenshot of Lakers (partial).

No surprise here, but it looks like the Lakers simply adjusted their uniforms to fit Nike's template. The collar and armhole trim is the same as the Pistons' new uniforms, and they added the waistband logo, which seems to be a league-wide thing with the switch to Nike. As has already been mentioned, the Lakers already use their secondary logo on both sides of the shorts, so it would've been far too redundant for them to use it on the waistband as well. Also, I find it interesting that 2K chose to display Lonzo in the new white Lakers uniform. That leads me to believe that the Lakers' Association uniform will indeed be their white uniform so that it matches with the other 29 teams. They'll obviously still wear yellow at home (except on Sundays), but the yellow uniform will have to be one of the other three uniform options instead of the Association edition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the next few days we should be have the remaining teams right? Since everyday we've had one or two teams unveil either sponsor or jerseys. I think all the jerseys will be unveiled by Friday the latest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

 

What I don't like so far is that side panels go over the shoulder trim now. Looks wrong.

 

I prefer that to the unfinished look other teams have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, labc93 said:

In the next few days we should be have the remaining teams right? Since everyday we've had one or two teams unveil either sponsor or jerseys. I think all the jerseys will be unveiled by Friday the latest. 

I'd assume much longer than Friday. Still a ton of teams left. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goddammit Sixers.

 

It's not as bad as I thought it would be, but red should not touch that shade of blue, especially since it doesn't do so anywhere else in the uniform.  If you're going to do it, go all the way and have thicker shadows, so at least the red stands out.

 

The new way the arm trim connects to the side trim is terrible.  Seriously - that's textbook change for change('s?) sake.

 

They still have great uniforms, but I think it's a slight downgrade.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thankful to be a Celtics fan, where the only mystery is whether we're keeping a sleeveless version of the greys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, suns1977 said:

IMG_7397.thumb.PNG.4103ef685a1fe9838610d6500b9e30a4.PNG

 

NBA2K18 screenshot of Lakers (partial).

 

I might be reading way too much into that image...and seeing something not actually there...but did the Lakers add a black outline in between the gold and purple layers of wordmark and number?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Digby said:

Thankful to be a Celtics fan, where the only mystery is whether we're keeping a sleeveless version of the greys.

Don't be surprised if you guys get a black alternate... This is one of the shirts from Fanatics' Round About Name & Number line:

IMG_6395.thumb.PNG.1ab78f9128868edcc59248368133badd.PNG

The uniforms that have been leaked and/or released so far have matched up with the shirts from that product line that are currently available on the NBA Store, in both the base color of the shirt and the number treatment, so it seems pretty likely that a black alt could be in the works for the C's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

 

I might be reading way too much...and seeing something not actually there...but did the Lakers add a black outline in between the gold and purple layers of wordmark and number?

Highly doubt that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

 

I think every uniform we've seen so far has the same look where the arm hole striping isn't going all the way around. Looks to be part of the new Nike uniform template unfortunately(as well as the fact that it gets cut off on the back of the unis as well)

 

Like so

 

white_shirt_back.jpg

 

Gonna take some getting used to

 

What I hate most about Nike is they so often fit the uniform to their template, rather than the other way around. That Blazers jersey looks dumb. The Sixers and Lakers stripe overlapping the striping looks dumb.

 

I wonder how much Nike chooses to make look weird for the sake of standing out, rather than any particular aesthetic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

You can see that they changed they way armhole and side panels connect

joel-embiid-76ers-heat.jpg

 

Obviously better with full armholes

 

Hmm.  Now I get it.  Nike wanted a higher, tighter armhole to create a modern, streamlined, body-conscious look.  We've seen the same trend across the board in men's fashion this decade, as armholes on fitted shirts and suits have become higher, and smaller -- allowing the torso to stay fitted.  That said, they still need to give players the freedom of motion they'd get with a larger armhole.  The racer-back cut Nike uses in college is one solution; the "scapula-shaped" shoulder seam is their newest attempt.  If I had to choose between the SSSM and the racer-back, I'd go with the SSSM.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

 

What I hate most about Nike is they so often fit the uniform to their template, rather than the other way around. That Blazers jersey looks dumb. The Sixers and Lakers stripe overlapping the striping looks dumb.

 

I wonder how much Nike chooses to make look weird for the sake of standing out, rather than any particular aesthetic.

 

According to Nike, it's their new super awesome scapula shaped shoulder seam for increased range of motion and mobility!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, JTrainGBR83 said:

lYeYfS2.png

 

Oh no... it's worse than I thought.

 

Wait - that jersey isn't folded?  That's actually a seam on the right side going from the collar down under the sleeve?  Jesus mother :censored:ing christ.  It's actually closer to a football template than a basketball one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.