NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the Bulls(' Twitter) has committed to red at home and white on the road. Wondered who would be the first to buck the "white at home" convention in an official capacity.

Also, I know he doesn't have any stake in the team, but it would've been cool if the Bulls got Jordan brand instead of Nike.

Observations/thoughts:

- Strange they changed the name on the back. Black on the white looks odd. White on red looks great since that's how it was for the first two titles.

- I think BULLS is bigger than it was on the adidas jerseys.

- Worried about the shorts.

- Considering how married they are to the Jordan years, I'm surprised they went red at home.

- Still, a pretty clean look. Not bad at all. 

11 minutes ago, Bradbury said:

So the Bulls(' Twitter) has committed to red at home and white on the road. Wondered who would be the first to buck the "white at home" convention in an official capacity.

I believe it is the home team who dictates the uniform choice so unless most other teams change to color at home the Bulls whites may not even be seen that often.

Unless a lot of teams buck the trend of wearing white at home, we won't see much of the Bulls' white unis this year.  The whites will be more of a clash kit. 

Now, what will be the default jersey available for most teams in Dick's and Modell's  all over the country -- the icons or the associations?  Or, will teams get to choose?  Stores have traditionally stocked more color/road unis than white homes, but I assume the Bulls would prefer to push their association reds, if they have the option. 

35 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Observations/thoughts:

- Strange they changed the name on the back. Black on the white looks odd. White on red looks great since that's how it was for the first two titles.

- I think BULLS is bigger than it was on the adidas jerseys.

- Worried about the shorts.

- Considering how married they are to the Jordan years, I'm surprised they went red at home.

- Still, a pretty clean look. Not bad at all. 

I prefer the bordered version they've sported since 1992-93, but I think the borderless black works. It breaks up the red on the back of the white jersey. I think it looks better than the borderless red they used during 1991-92 and earlier.

2 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

Did anyone see if the Sixers officially said which one was the Association or Icon jersey? I haven't been able to find anything

The "Association" jersey is the home jersey - so the white one.

The "Icon" jersey is the road jersey - blue.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

could they simply sublimate the pattern onto that piece that isn't the normal striping material?

In other news, word on the street (just rumor, nothing from the team other than paying attention to their marketing), is that the Sixers will go with blue at home this year, save for a few big games.  It's unknown what their 4th jersey will be.  Someone posted a black Iverson jersey earlier in the thread, but I think that was just a 'shop.  Actually, it's unknown what their third jersey will be, since they've all but eliminated red from their marketing.

Was listening to the Fanatic of WIP yesterday, and I remember them saying that the "Association" jersey would serve as the Sixers home jersey this season during one of their updates.  That's the white one. 

Call me old fashioned, but having the uniforms as "Association" and "Icon" instead of the regular home/road is increasingly stupid.  

When comparing to other teams, it seems like the Bulls f'ed up by saying the Association jersey was the road jersey

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Call me old fashioned, but having the uniforms as "Association" and "Icon" instead of the regular home/road is increasingly stupid.  

Agreed.  It's a Nike thing.  I think most of us here are stuck in home/away language.

Seeing Wade, any word about the Heat uniforms? I imagine there wont be any changes just adapting to the template. The uniforms I think could use a slight update.

Also assuming White at home, Black on the road and Red 3rd alt?

4 minutes ago, suns1977 said:

Agreed.  It's a Nike thing.  I think most of us here are stuck in home/away language.

Imagine if MLB did "The Show" and "Heritage" uniforms and teams could wear white "The Show" unis whenever they wanted and gray "Heritage" at home or on the road or whenever.  It'd piss people off.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'd be fine with "Association" and "Icon" if they were designations for commemorative uniforms, but I'd prefer "home" and "away" for the standard stuff.

Man, the language used to justify some of these changes is both misguided and pretentious. But in all honesty, none of it is as bad as the bulls*** logic the Clippers doled out 2 years ago.

Archived