NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

7 minutes ago, KGeeX5 said:

Seeing Wade, any word about the Heat uniforms? I imagine there wont be any changes just adapting to the template. The uniforms I think could use a slight update.

Also assuming White at home, Black on the road and Red 3rd alt?

I wouldn't expect the white and black uniforms to change much other than adapting to Nike's template, but the alternates could see some shake-ups. Based on the shirt below, it looks like their red alternates may now use single-color white numbers instead of having a black outline, so it wouldn't surprise me if there were some other changes as well.

IMG_6423.thumb.PNG.85cf9c309c9c08b5cf0d0ebfeef71c85.PNG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, upperV03 said:

I wouldn't expect the white and black uniforms to change much other than adapting to Nike's template, but the alternates could see some shake-ups. Based on the shirt below, it looks like their red alternates may now use single-color white numbers instead of having a black outline, so it wouldn't surprise me if there were some other changes as well.

IMG_6423.thumb.PNG.85cf9c309c9c08b5cf0d0ebfeef71c85.PNG

Thanks!

47 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Imagine if MLB did "The Show" and "Heritage" uniforms and teams could wear white "The Show" unis whenever they wanted and gray "Heritage" at home or on the road or whenever.  It'd piss people off.

It's like soccer. Teams have "primary" and "secondary" and sometimes "third" or "tertiary" kits. Or "primary" and "clash." Most teams wear the primary almost exclusively unless there is a color clash (hence the name) with another team.

Just now, TaylorMade said:

It's like soccer. Teams have "primary" and "secondary" and sometimes "third" or "tertiary" kits. Or "primary" and "clash." Most teams wear the primary almost exclusively unless there is a color clash (hence the name) with another team.

I'm not sure the NBA needs to be like soccer.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 minute ago, WSU151 said:

I'm not sure the NBA needs to be like soccer.

Judging by everything Adam Silver has done since taking over, I don't think he agrees.I'm sure he would love to usurp soccer as the world's most watched sport.

Just now, TaylorMade said:

Judging by everything Adam Silver has done since taking over, I don't think he agrees.I'm sure he would love to usurp soccer as the world's most watched sport.

Then do it on the league's own terms.  Copying what soccer does in terms of uniforms seems pretty lame.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, BJ Sands said:

Observations/thoughts:

- Strange they changed the name on the back. Black on the white looks odd.

Black NOB looks more like Miami Heat than Chicago Bulls. Did they do that to match the black Swoosh on the front?

The jersey designation fiasco could've been avoided if they just said (in the case of the Bulls), "red is our primary, and white is our secondary/change/clash." This is one thing soccer gets right for the most part.

Instead, Nike and the league decided to get cute and shoehorn "Association" into the conversation. (BTW, the white jersey is always considered the "Association" jersey.) Having 4-5 jerseys per team doesn't help this matter.

NOTE: I had this half-typed, then walked away, then finished and posted, so I didn't see this same point above until reloaded. Carry on.

11 hours ago, BucksFan5 said:

Am I the only one who doesn't hate the armholes?

I like it. I don't think it looks bad. Sure the shoulder strip going all the way around would be preferable and who knows they might do that at some point but it would look more goofy. 

1 hour ago, keynote said:

Unless a lot of teams buck the trend of wearing white at home, we won't see much of the Bulls' white unis this year.  The whites will be more of a clash kit. 

Now, what will be the default jersey available for most teams in Dick's and Modell's  all over the country -- the icons or the associations?  Or, will teams get to choose?  Stores have traditionally stocked more color/road unis than white homes, but I assume the Bulls would prefer to push their association reds, if they have the option. 

You mean icon reds. Association would be the whites. 

11 hours ago, BucksFan5 said:

Am I the only one who doesn't hate the armholes?

I don’t hate them. I think the way the trim tucks under the back panel up top is really elegant and well done.

The way the trim just stops at the side seam or panel, however, is the polar opposite.

I suppose I half hate them.

1 hour ago, BJ Sands said:

Observations/thoughts:

- Strange they changed the name on the back. Black on the white looks odd. White on red looks great since that's how it was for the first two titles.

- I think BULLS is bigger than it was on the adidas jerseys.

- Worried about the shorts.

- Considering how married they are to the Jordan years, I'm surprised they went red at home.

- Still, a pretty clean look. Not bad at all. 

I like the updated name. Two-color names always looked off because the scale of the name trim was so small compared to the number and wordmark trim, whereas the single-color letters have a nice scale relationship with the outlines on the numbers.

The back of the white jersey does have a Heat vibe, though.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, suns1977 said:

The "Association" jersey is the home jersey - so the white one.

The "Icon" jersey is the road jersey - blue.

You mean they said the association will be worn at home?  Because the straight "association = white, icon=road" just isn't true as a generalization.  If it's what the team said, then I just missed that.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

FWIW I really don't like this.  I like seeing a game photo or highlight and immediately knowing where it's taking place, just by the uniform colors.

really hope the Lakers wear white on the road against dark-color home teams, rather than ever see their yellow worn in some other arena (which has probably already happened.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

You mean they said the association will be worn at home?  Because the straight "association = white, icon=road" just isn't true as a generalization.  If it's what the team said, then I just missed that.

I meant "home" as in colors only.  You're correct, the Association can be worn at home or road.

On 8/1/2017 at 7:04 AM, jmac11281 said:

Meh. Not a fan of the drop shadow.

I like the "Brotherly Love" script on the bottom. As for this Stub Hub patch...eh!!!! The oversized Nike swoosh..tad obnoxious
Nothing you can do about it, all the jerseys will have some ad on them.

Every time I see a new Sixers jersey, I can just say to myself "well it could be MUCH MUCH worse!" ?
These from the early 90s...wow these were painfully bad!
YXgxpvu.png

º º º º

gYFfCIp.pngPtJSay1.png

Archived