NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really the only change other than adjusting to Nike's template is changing the number outlines from silver to white, which is a definite upgrade. Just a shame they didn't switch to a better number font while they were at it.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I looked at the photos again and I can say with confidence that this is the best of the Nike unveils thus far. Again, a smooth translation over to the Nike template. All of the minor changes work. I'll have to see the shoulder cut on the back of the jersey, but I think it'll be forgivable.

Removing the silver outline is a big plus in my opinion.

I thought they would maybe tweak the shorts a little bit, specifically the striping.  Overall, I like what I see.  Wouldn't be surprised if they go to wearing red at home full time.  Minimizes the use of Wizards, and they could start "rocking the red" like the Caps.  

90758391980.gif

1 hour ago, JWhiz96 said:
1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

A dropshadow that looks good is essentially a contradiction in terms.  The only NBA team that should be using a dropshadow (namely: the Lakers on their numbers) has unfortunately gotten rid of it.  And now a team that has no business messing with it has brought it in.  As Louis van Gaal once said: "What is this world twisted?"

The lettering on Sixers' uniforms now looks blurry where it once looked crisp.

Why should only the Lakers utilize a drop shadow? 'Cause they were the first to use it? That's not a very compelling argument IMO. As long as the shadow isn't too gaudy or a complete copy of another uniform (*cough* 90s Heat *cough*), a drop shadow is just another element that can enhance it. I for one think the Sixers shadow works well and adds red where it is sorely needed.

The drop shadow should not be used in general because it is awkward and ugly.  The Lakers get a pass because it is their traditional look for their numbers.

And on the blue letters of the home uniform is certainly not "where [red] is sorely needed".  The only thing that will be sore will be my eyes from rubbing them because things look blurry.  (The red drop shadow on the white lettering of the road uni is not as bad as the red drop shadow on the blue home lettering; but it is still worse than the clean white lettering that it replaced.)

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

The design of the Wizards' red jersey had major issues with # legibility when it was initially launched.  The horizontal white stripe on the back of the jersey plus the silver outline didn't provide enough contrast with the navy numbers.  They (correctly) eliminated the horizontal stripe on the back just one year into the rebrand.  By finally switching to a white outline, I think the numbers will be even easier to read this season. 

I'm a little surprised that the Wizards didn't announce their jersey sponsor today.  I suppose it's smart to maximize what they can get out of Capital One for the arena naming rights, then get more $ from another company for the jersey patch.

This is a damn shame.

Wizards.png

Do we have any pictures of how they've butchered the side of the Bulls shorts?

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

39 minutes ago, DeFrank said:

Silver gone from number trim. Good move.

Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 12.10.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 12.11.03 PM.png

Its annoying that this new template got rid of one of their coolest design elements, the negative space "W" under the star element on the side panel of the shorts. I get the functionality of the overlapping fabric, but the offset slit ruins it!

Old for reference:
Image result for washington wizards shorts side panel

Archived