NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Colorsism said:

Gordon Hayward in the Celtics new uni. Good look at clover on the waistband. 

DGWa5kjUAAALLOD.jpg

If the waistband clover is the only adjustment for the Celtics on the new Nike template I'll love their Association and Icon Editions. It'll be interesting to see if/hoe radical their Athlete's Mindset and Community Inspired Editions are, though. 

I don't like the Wizards' stripe width (or height) on the Nike jersey.  I think it'd look better like this, IMO:

2.png

EDIT: did I alter an official pic or was it someone's rendering/speculation?  I thought it was the former and made changes to look better, but if it was just someone's rendering, the stripes on the actual jersey might look less off..

12 minutes ago, Colorsism said:

Gordon Hayward in the Celtics new uni. Good look at clover on the waistband. 

DGWa5kjUAAALLOD.jpg

The clover was already on the waistband with the previous uniforms, so really it looks like the C's didn't make any changes other than adjusting to Nike's template. Also, it looks like they'll be going with the ventilated waistband instead of the more conventional version, joining the likes of the Blazers, Pacers, and Wizards (so far). I suspect teams like the Cavs and Knicks will follow suit, and probably some others as well.

11 minutes ago, Hoopladawg87 said:

If the waistband clover is the only adjustment for the Celtics on the new Nike template I'll love their Association and Icon Editions. It'll be interesting to see if/hoe radical their Athlete's Mindset and Community Inspired Editions are, though. 

I don't really have any news on the actual designs of the Athlete's Mindset and Community uniforms, but I would expect one of them to be black (probably replacing the current green and black alternate). This shirt seems to suggest a black uniform, anyways:

IMG_6395.thumb.PNG.8415ae6896f4632e64b1db89b3cfebef.PNG

The other shirts from that product line have matched up perfectly with the uniforms leaked and/or released so far, so I'd say a black uniform for the C's is pretty likely.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

30 minutes ago, Hoopladawg87 said:

People are really going to use this vernacular?

Puke.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

20 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The clover was already on the waistband with the previous uniforms, so really it looks like the C's didn't make any changes other than adjusting to Nike's template. Also, it looks like they'll be going with the ventilated waistband instead of the more conventional version, joining the likes of the Blazers, Pacers, and Wizards (so far). I suspect teams like the Cavs and Knicks will follow suit, and probably some others as well.

I don't really have any news on the actual designs of the Athlete's Mindset and Community uniforms, but I would expect one of them to be black (probably replacing the current green and black alternate). This shirt seems to suggest a black uniform, anyways:

IMG_6395.thumb.PNG.8415ae6896f4632e64b1db89b3cfebef.PNG

The other shirts from that product line have matched up perfectly with the uniforms leaked and/or released so far, so I'd say a black uniform for the C's is pretty likely.

That's what makes me tentative about the rest of their set -- the execution of a black Celtics uniform could go only one of two ways. 

7 hours ago, CLEstones said:

There is no way Adidas didn't fall bass akwards into that design element.

That’s how uniform design is done, my friend. You just pin a bunch of ideas on a board, then you throw a handful of darts and combine the ones you hit into a single jersey.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

46 minutes ago, sayahh said:

I don't like the Wizards' stripe width (or height) on the Nike jersey.  I think it'd look better like this, IMO:

2.png

EDIT: did I alter an official pic or was it someone's rendering/speculation?  I thought it was the former and made changes to look better, but if it was just someone's rendering, the stripes on the actual jersey might look less off..

The official Nike rendering appears to have the higher stripe almost touch the bottom of the v-neck.

nike-uniforms-red-1-half.png

But the photos of actual jerseys place the stripe in a similar location to last year's design.

nike-unis-1080-3-half.jpg

So, chalk it up to a sloppy rendering from Nike/NBA/Wizards.  

Lukas points out that the Nike number font appears to be smaller than the Adidas font...

...but I don't trust the proportions on that rendering.  I suspect that the font size hasn't changed much either. 

6 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

Already mentioned a few pages back but you know how it is here.

it ain't relevant if it's not on the same page or hour.

shado_logo.gif

If I had to choose one thing I don't like about the switch to Nike, it's probably the truncated stripes on the back of every teams' shoulders. But one thing that seems to bother me more and more with each unveiling is how every team now has a spot specifically designated for a logo on their waistband. Chicago's looks God awful (there was nothing wrong with the stripes, though the stars are a nice touch). And look at Cleveland... I mean "CLE"? That's just putting it there for the sake of eating up space. Couldn't have been the sword logo? The state outline? Anything would have been better than that.

26 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

If I had to choose one thing I don't like about the switch to Nike, it's probably the truncated stripes on the back of every teams' shoulders. But one thing that seems to bother me more and more with each unveiling is how every team now has a spot specifically designated for a logo on their waistband. Chicago's looks God awful (there was nothing wrong with the stripes, though the stars are a nice touch). And look at Cleveland... I mean "CLE"? That's just putting it there for the sake of eating up space. Couldn't have been the sword logo? The state outline? Anything would have been better than that.

Crossed swords would have looked a million times better than just using "cle". Even the C logo alone would have been better. Missed opportunity.

1 hour ago, AndrewMLind said:

I think the Chicago stars on the Bulls' waistband is too twee for this world.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

7 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

That’s how uniform design is done, my friend. You just pin a bunch of ideas on a board, then you throw a handful of darts and combine the ones you hit into a single jersey.

No no no.  I mean that was never even on the dart board, there was no mock up, there was no concept.  It just happened.  The laid out the uniform, produced it, and then someone was like, "OMG cray! It makes a W!"

Archived