NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

6 hours ago, Pizzaman7294 said:

I mean, it's been there..

200_s.gif

The white waistband has definitely been there...for decades, even...I think the shamrock been there since the 90s.

060914bird.jpg?itok=pyUP2QXa

2681638-1857800832-Bill-.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CLEstones said:

No no no.  I mean that was never even on the dart board, there was no mock up, there was no concept.  It just happened.  The laid out the uniform, produced it, and then someone was like, "OMG cray! It makes a W!"

You have to be joking. 

10 hours ago, DJT said:

new sneak peek at Denver's new uniform.

Or just a close up on the numbers.

IMG_3267.JPG

The Nuggets are really dragging this thing out. 

You're the Denver Nuggets. No one cares unless you're going back to the rainbow

d8gqifautaoclw7bxfgs.jpg

43 minutes ago, BrianLion said:

The Nuggets are really dragging this thing out. 

You're the Denver Nuggets. No one cares unless you're going back to the rainbow

d8gqifautaoclw7bxfgs.jpg

I can never see this uniform without envisioning this . . . 

breakoutorig.png

For the uninitiated . . . 

20100-breakout-atari-2600-front-cover.jp

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

11 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Well, if he's correct, I would sure hope gray and black are the 2 colors they are getting rid of.

7 minutes ago, Satomiblood said:

Is it possible that they drew inspiration from that game when designing the those uniforms?

Kind of, right? It's the same general blocky, bitmap-ish aesthetic. Except then it wasn't "retro;" it was just the only way to semi-decently display a skyline (and mountainscape!) on a jersey. It's one of those solutions you have to come up with when the technology isn't there quite yet. It's a really brilliant uniform. 

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

6 minutes ago, Satomiblood said:

Is it possible that they drew inspiration from that game when designing the those uniforms?

I often wonder.  I believe those uniforms debuted in 1981.  Breakout came with the Atari game system that I received from Santa in 1979.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

11 hours ago, DJT said:

new sneak peek at Denver's new uniform.

Or just a close up on the numbers.

IMG_3267.JPG

Wait -- so not only have the Nuggets stolen the Pacers' colors, but now they've potentially stolen their typeface too!? Maybe it's just a coincidence, but the 1, 7, and 8 in that date right there are the exact same as the numerals on Pacers' new uniform graphic...

This is unfortunate.

The Wizards confirmed Friday the patriotic uniforms will not be a part of the team’s rotation for the upcoming season.

Hunter Lochmann, the senior vice president of marketing brand and strategy at Monumental Sports, explained that these uniform decisions are made 12-18 months out, in other words, the stars and stripes were left out of this season’s rotation long before they gained popularity. But this may not be a forever change, Lochmann said.

“The stars-and-stripes uniforms are definitely under consideration for future seasons,” he added.

The Cavs home uniform is pretty bad. I generally dislike abbreviations on team uniforms (Cavs, Jags, D-Backs, etc). Not only is the design goofy, but they are going to prominently feature two abbreviations (Cavs on the chest and Cle on the waistband) and it appears the actual team name will be nowhere on the jersey.

26 minutes ago, Hoopladawg87 said:

Wait -- so not only have the Nuggets stolen the Pacers' colors, but now they've potentially stolen their typeface too!? Maybe it's just a coincidence, but the 1, 7, and 8 in that date right there are the exact same as the numerals on Pacers' new uniform graphic...

I wouldn't read much into that at all. The Nuggets just switched to the new wordmark and number font ahead of the 2015/16 season, and since the wordmarks won't be changing (I can confirm this), the number font will almost undoubtedly not be changing either.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived