NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

19 minutes ago, Zilla2K said:

Knicks confirmed to stay virtually the same 

IMG_0418.JPG

But the shoulder trim goes all the way down now (at least on the front). That's a good thing.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Zilla2K said:

Knicks confirmed to stay virtually the same 

IMG_0418.JPG

Yep, there are really only a couple of design changes, and those are both just small adjustments to fit Nike's template. The armhole trim on the front now extends below the armpit before being truncated, just like all of the other Nike NBA jerseys that include armhole trim, and the waistband of the shorts now features this logo:

IMG_6681.GIF.789f83066fe42fcd206e421c2f315c35.GIF

Aside from those changes, the only other notable thing I can see from that 2K screenshot is that it looks like the Knicks will be going with the ventilated waistband, rather than the more conventional version. They'll join the running list of the Blazers, Celtics, Pacers, and Wizards as the only teams we've seen go with that style of waistband (so far).

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

34 minutes ago, HighCheese said:

Its been some years now

and i still miss the old set

jeremy-lin-carmelo-anthony-and-amare-sto

Even with black. They pulled it off well. And this goes for the orange court too. Miss it

Back then I really wanted them to change to a more traditional look. But now I gotta say, this was the best we've ever looked.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

6 hours ago, ChicagoOakland said:

I might flip a table if this is what the Warriors actually go with for a throwback. I still love the "The City" jerseys, but having the actual San Francisco name on the jersey right now seems tasteless.

Hey, Mr. Lacob...*clears throat* THEY. PLAY. IN. OAKLAND.

Not for long.

5 hours ago, sayahh said:

Probably just a fashion jersey, but what are the odds of this being one of the four official jerseys?  There's the white, gold, purple and throwback, right?  What about the Hollywood Nights, is that still around?

Well remember the South Bay Lakers have blue in their color scheme so maybe it's their merchandise 

2 hours ago, HighCheese said:

Its been some years now

and i still miss the old set

jeremy-lin-carmelo-anthony-and-amare-sto

Even with black. They pulled it off well. And this goes for the orange court too. Miss it

It's funny looking back how everyone was hyped when they were removing the black and now years later realizing, it was actually better.

XM4KeeA.png

26 minutes ago, keynote said:

More photos of the Wizards' uniforms that reveal the accurate proportions of the stripes, the size of the #s, etc.  

Who ever did the digital rendering was awful, had the proportions all wrong. They look so much better in person.

Also those shoes look comically large to me lol

17 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

There are 3 shades of blue, plus yellow. The only white I see is the swoosh.

I’m scratching my head trying to figure out if you’re just trolling, or if you don't actually see the white numbers, letters, and stripe on the side trim.

2 hours ago, insert name said:

It's funny looking back how everyone was hyped when they were removing the black and now years later realizing, it was actually better.

If the type had been solid orange or black with orange trim or something, it would have been a nice set. As it was, though, the white and orange lettering and numbers on a uniform that was otherwise devoid of white looked a bit disjointed. It takes a deft hand to pull off using a color in the graphics that’s not used elsewhere. This one didn't work very well.

With that said, I think their current set is flawed as well. I like the contrast waistband, but most of the rest is a bit underwhelming, and the silver is unnecessary. I think I’d prefer the classic set from before the black was added, but with the contrast waistband and maybe a more signature side design on the shorts, or possibly a black-free version of the side trim they wore in the black era instead.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

20 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

If the type had been solid orange or black with orange trim or something, it would have been a nice set. As it was, though, the white and orange lettering and numbers on a uniform that was otherwise devoid of white looked a bit disjointed. It takes a deft hand to pull off using a color in the graphics that’s not used elsewhere. This one didn't work very well.

It would have been interesting if the Knicks had used orange letting with black outlines.  Probably would have looked pretty good, and much like the Florida Gators' blue basketball unis.  

I think the logo with the black drop shadow was awesome (and maybe taken for granted).  It just seemed to work better than the logo with gray/silver shadows.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

18 minutes ago, BShaw20 said:

Watching the NBA Africa game and I wonder if there are team specific jerseys

I'm trying to watch the NBA Africa game but it looks like they're playing in a movie theater. Why so dark?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

It would have been interesting if the Knicks had used orange letting with black outlines.  Probably would have looked pretty good, and much like the Florida Gators' blue basketball unis.  

I think the logo with the black drop shadow was awesome (and maybe taken for granted).  It just seemed to work better than the logo with gray/silver shadows.

At least when they had black in the marks, they utilized it confidently across the identity. The same can’t be said about the grey. It’s one of those colors that you need to use a lot of to make an impact, otherwise it only functions to muddy up the crispness of color against white.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived