Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Primzahl said:

Is there some kind of transcription key for this? How does everyone know what it says?

They are Nautical Flags, each flag has a meaning and Letter associated to it

 

signalflags.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clippers posted this decoder on their website too...

 

flag-decoder-web.jpg

 

All I can make out is "BLUE BACK" which I assume means the dark version of uni will be Blue??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can no team match it's wordmark color to the number color? I'm sorry, but I don't see why NBA teams are so reluctant to have those 2 things match. Only teams I can think of of the top of my head are the Celtics, Nets, Bulls, and Sixers. IMO, matching the numbers to wordmark color looks so much better on NBA jerseys than mismatched ones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, suns1977 said:

Holy god, what are the Suns doing.  Can't tell if that's blue (kill me if it is) or just the lighting and really purple.

 

Check out the blurred image.  Looks busy.

 

 

Suns 2.JPG

Suns.JPG

Pretty  sure it's more purple then blue.. looks like the same shade as the Laker's purple to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not singling anyone out here, but unless you have an old jersey next to the new one it's being replaced by, it's a fool's errand trying to judge whether uniform colors have been tweaked just by looking at a promotional photo. This seems to come up with a lot of new uniforms, and it's usually just a case of dramatic lighting used for the promo shots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, suns1977 said:

Holy god, what are the Suns doing.  Can't tell if that's blue (kill me if it is) or just the lighting and really purple.

 

Check out the blurred image.  Looks busy.

 

 

Suns 2.JPG

Suns.JPG

 

It's purple. Don't worry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bowld said:

They are Nautical Flags, each flag has a meaning and Letter associated to it

 

signalflags.jpg

It'd be pretty cool if each players numbers had the corresponding nautical flag included somehow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, suns1977 said:

Holy god, what are the Suns doing.  Can't tell if that's blue (kill me if it is) or just the lighting and really purple.

 

Check out the blurred image.  Looks busy.

 

 

Suns 2.JPG

Suns.JPG

 

 

IMG_1544.thumb.PNG.2ebbe719e600fa8288acc9e4c19194bf.PNG

 

It appears the butt strip is still there, dumb. I really wish they would drop yellow from the shooting ball logo. Make the Sun streaks orange and make the ball a copper color and the basketball lines purple like I've seen on someone's Phoenix Suns concept here. That would perfect that logo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least we now have purple on the white set.  However, that butt stripe was probably the worst part of the current set, so of course that's the part they're keeping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

At least we now have purple on the white set.  However, that butt stripe was probably the worst part of the current set, so of course that's the part they're keeping.

 

All I know is, no more black on the home jersey.  Already that's a million times better.

 

Butt stripe..........I don't understand it but whatever.  But that fuzzy pic, I swear I can see a sunburst on the right side of the pic.

 

Or am I seeing things?  I have terrible eyesight, so I won't be offended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CitizenTino said:

Not singling anyone out here, but unless you have an old jersey next to the new one it's being replaced by, it's a fool's errand trying to judge whether uniform colors have been tweaked just by looking at a promotional photo. This seems to come up with a lot of new uniforms, and it's usually just a case of dramatic lighting used for the promo shots.

 

I hear ya, but in that shot, it looks nothing like purple. 

 

I was already hoping it was because of the promo lighting.  Should be interesting tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Pretty sure the clippers are just cherry picking the flags that represent a close proximity of their color, correct?

 

And as a Wolves  fan, I'll wait until the reveal, but based on the leaks- the lack of the seamless  tree pattern they've been using in all of their marketing is really a miss to me.  That was a cool element.

 

But we haven't seen anything in any sort of resolution besides potato, so I will not be overly critical yet.

 

The jersey is weird - don't hate the beach short look, but not a huge fan of the wizards cosplay.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, suns1977 said:

Holy god, what are the Suns doing.  Can't tell if that's blue (kill me if it is) or just the lighting and really purple.

 

Check out the blurred image.  Looks busy.

 

 

Suns 2.JPG

 

 

That fuzzy part in the background is scaring me.  What the hell is that?  The orangish part almost looks like it could be a huge PHX logo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mjd77 said:

 

That fuzzy part in the background is scaring me.  What the hell is that?  The orangish part almost looks like it could be a huge PHX logo.

 

That was the first thing I saw, it reminded me of this:

Capture.JPG.a81148b3bfaf024254738413c5dab199.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^Yeah...I hope that isn't a blurry side view of the shorts with that huge logo plastered on it.  Almost looks like it could be flames too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Teal said:

Guys have we heard anything about possible Christmas Day unis? Surly we should be getting something unique, right?!

Anyone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, suns1977 said:

 

That was the first thing I saw, it reminded me of this:

Capture.JPG.a81148b3bfaf024254738413c5dab199.JPG

 

 

After going to the website and actually watching the teaser video, that jersey he's teasing looks like it has huge logo on the front, and I don't think it's this one.  Buckle up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the instagram video which is slightly clearer, I think the giant orange blob is actually the back of the jersey, with an orange player name and purple numbers.

 

598bbf4b930e3_ScreenShot2017-08-09at7_03_13PM.thumb.png.a5c99eee6c944e494748375846dc6749.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.